Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
...and for those who don't speak kph
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 7 February, 2011, at 2:23:51 pm
240 kph = 150 mph

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
A couple of years ago a valet at the Jasper Park Lodge went for a midnight run in a new Boxster. All was going well until he was returning. The road to the Lodge is very twisty with a posted 30 KPH (18 MPH) speed limit. The estimate is the valet slid sideways into a tree at 100+ KPH. Totaled the car, but he walked away unharmed. That says a lot about the safety of our cars but it doesn't say much about 20 year old valets. When the owner of the car was told about the accident, the first thing he asked was "Is the valet OK". Very classy I thought. The Boxster owner had the car for 1 week before it was totaled.

Hotel chain? Both the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal and the Jasper Park Lodge are part of the Fairmont hotel chain.
Wow, so many things to say about that video
Red_Lightnin! - Thursday, 10 February, 2011, at 4:43:28 pm
First, why don't you guys use miles in Canada? I don't think you have pay the U.S. a licensing fee or anything - I thing anyone can use them.

Second, statistically speaking, when you take 20 year old boys and put them in high-powered luxury/sports cars that don't belong to them, something like this is bound to happen from time to time.

Third, any valet who can get my Boxster up to 240KPH gets recruited to my race team.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Re: Wow, so many things to say about that video
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 10 February, 2011, at 6:36:20 pm
Red_Lightnin!
First, why don't you guys use miles in Canada? I don't think you have pay the U.S. a licensing fee or anything - I thing anyone can use them.

Well, John, it's pretty simple, really. We use km so we're allowed to go way faster than you guys south of the border. We can go 100 in places where you can only go 60 without getting a ticket.

As far as licensing - I believe miles is licensed by the UK. Didn't you have some kind of tea party some years back to celebrate being able to use miles - or something like that? winking smiley
Re: Wow, so many things to say about that video
Red_Lightnin! - Friday, 11 February, 2011, at 1:01:42 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Red_Lightnin!

Well, John, it's pretty simple, really. We use km so we're allowed to go way faster than you guys south of the border. We can go 100 in places where you can only go 60 without getting a ticket.

As far as licensing - I believe miles is licensed by the UK. Didn't you have some kind of tea party some years back to celebrate being able to use miles - or something like that? winking smiley

No, no. The Boston Tea Party was because the Red Sox lost again. Lernt that in skool.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login