Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Just a thought
Alcantera - Tuesday, 8 February, 2011, at 9:03:17 pm
I was driving to my buddies place this morning , my wife had made a hot chocolate for my friends 96 year old mother. I placed the cup in the cup holder and drove off to Randy's house. Well you guys know what happened when I turned left on his road . Then a thought came to me .... I wonder if the guy who designed the cup holder also designed the...........
Don't youwinking smiley
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 9:14:47 am
follow the route guidance to never turn left? Saves gas and time according to the delivery truck companies. You are just complaining because you want to blame your problem on the poor Porsche designer who couldn't anticipate such casual disregard for the way you are supposed to drive.

(Yea...they are worthless...rather have the 2 cubbys that were in my '99 than the cup holder in my '01)

(Give your wife a kiss for her good deed.)
Re: Don't youwinking smiley
Alcantera - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 12:31:35 pm
Mike a buddy once coined the phrase "no good deed goes unpunished" And Violet enjoyed the i/2 cup of hot chocolate. I told my wife's friend about the dont ever turn left insight, and she told me I am F..in nuts!!! how can you not go somewhere without turning left.!! I found this kind of ironic as she lives in downtown Toronto, and its almost impossible to turn left anywhere during rush hour. So i guess she has already adapted but has not realized it yet
Re: Just a thought
Red_Lightnin! - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 1:17:02 pm
I heard LN Engineering has designed a re-engineered cup-holder upgrade and will be giving a seminar in Chicago next week.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Oh, and we do get a discount for being PPBB members, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 02:15PM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
grinning smiley smileys with beer grinning smiley smileys with beer grinning smiley smileys with beer grinning smiley smileys with beer grinning smiley smileys with beer *NM*
Burg Boxster - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 1:59:44 pm
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 02:16PM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
We are only PB'ers now winking smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 4:43:47 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Keys got stuck winking smiley smoking smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Burg Boxster - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 6:51:39 pm
Dave In MD - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 2:48:02 pm
Wait, I have an 03 with the redesigned cup holder. I probably have to split the dash to install this upgrade. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
No, but you have to remove the headlights smiling smiley *NM*
Red_Lightnin! - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 2:52:36 pm
1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
I hardly ever used my 01's holders, but the last time I did...
Laz - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 1:23:24 pm
going out a parking lot onto a road, and being careful not to jar the car, the covered coffee went flying. It spilled into the HVAC subsequently causing the display to go haywire. In spite of pulling it forward and trying to dry it out over about a week the display still had problems. I went to the dealer for a replacement and they told me I would have to pay for it. I pointed out that the drink holder had been redesigned since '01, indicating the original had an inherent design flaw. The HVAC was replaced under warranty. Some time after, I had the holder unit removed, the HVAC moved up to be more ergonomic, and a storage binnacle installed at the bottom, thus making up a little for the lack of a glove compartment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 01:24PM by Laz. (view changes)
Re:I have solved the problem
bgale (Montrose,CO) - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 1:28:19 pm
My '02S didn't come with cup holderssmiling bouncing smiley
If it makes you feel better....
dghii - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 5:01:22 pm
...my previous car, a BMW Z4, had cup holders that were on each edge of the dash.

1. I could not exit or enter the car with the holders out (let alone with a drink in the holder).

2. Here in sunny Florida, cold drinks tend to condense and drip....onto the power window switches.

Nice.

I gave up early on my Boxster, clip on the vent, cup holders given our easliy marred interior trim pieces and the same stupid location as the Z4.

Besides, I'm a big gulp drinker!

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Alcantera - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 6:17:27 pm
Its funny my buddy who sells used Porsche parts never gets a call for cup holders but today he got a call for a ....... no never mind you wouldn't believe me anyway....... tell you what, I will let you call my bluff , you agree to sell me your running 3.2 and for an agreed reasonable difference We will send you a 3.6 from a 2003 . We sell your 3.2 you get 75 more horse power and a poor guy in Toronto gets his car back on the road. I will even throw in Dempsey's book to help make the switch . I would do this myself but I cannot give up the boxster for the time it would take. We can even do the you know what upgrade before we send it.
I am serious if you are, email Randy at whaletail@yourlink.ca
Red_Lightnin! - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 6:53:21 pm
Alcantera
Its funny my buddy who sells used Porsche parts never gets a call for cup holders but today he got a call for a ....... no never mind you wouldn't believe me anyway....... tell you what, I will let you call my bluff , you agree to sell me your running 3.2 and for an agreed reasonable difference We will send you a 3.6 from a 2003 . We sell your 3.2 you get 75 more horse power and a poor guy in Toronto gets his car back on the road. I will even throw in Dempsey's book to help make the switch . I would do this myself but I cannot give up the boxster for the time it would take. We can even do the you know what upgrade before we send it.
I am serious if you are, email Randy at whaletail@yourlink.ca

Does it have cup holders?

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Alcantera - Wednesday, 9 February, 2011, at 10:03:01 pm
I'm sure you meant to say 200 mile an hour tape , duct tape sounds so low tech!
Red_Lightnin! - Thursday, 10 February, 2011, at 4:58:32 pm
I thought that was the stuff that made your car invisible to radar?

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
American ingenuity at its' best...early testing indicates you can get 50 beverages per roll of duct tape.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Fine until you take a turn
Boxsterra - Thursday, 10 February, 2011, at 7:56:33 am
or the airbag deploys. Doh!
Even if you turned, it would still stay in the can longer than the factory one!
IFlyLow - Thursday, 10 February, 2011, at 3:22:33 am
So, I thought I smarter than the average bear. Turns out I AM the average bearconfused smiley I put a cup of to-go coffee with a lid in my cupholder. Then I proceeded directly onto a cobblestone road. The vibration and the little sipping hole combined for the perfect storm, and created a beautiful, amber fountain all over the windshield, down onto the HVAC panel and even up to the roof!

The next week I removed it and installed a double DIN Kenwood, and I drink my coffee before I leave the house.
Red_Lightnin! - Thursday, 10 February, 2011, at 5:00:37 pm
Dude, don't you know the proper place for a hot cup of coffee is your lap? That is traditional.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login