Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
OK, I've started to look for another BOXSTER, after 2 Boxsters, a 997, and 2 Z3's, I want another BOXSTER must be automatic (gulp)and 05 to ??
What is the last year of the old body style...
Daniel
dak911
OK, I've started to look for another BOXSTER, after 2 Boxsters, a 997, and 2 Z3's, I want another BOXSTER must be automatic (gulp)and 05 to ??
Daniel

2012 - the first 981 in the states was a 2013 model - first delivered mid-year 2012.
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
dak911
Daniel

2012 - the first 981 in the states was a 2013 model - first delivered mid-year 2012.

If you are going to get a 987 make it the 2nd gen of that model, as it has a new DFI engine without an IMS. MY 2009 to 2012...and PDK to boot!

Happy Hunting!

MIKELLIG
Forget the last year of old body style, the key years is 2008, which was the last year with the IMS. I'd look for 2009 to ?? With 2010, the new engine also got DFI in the Boxster lineup.
... is good just as long as you take care of the IMS issue if you worry about that.
That's what the DOF is for.
It'll be good to see you in a proper sports car again dak911.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
... because ( i think, you need to confirm) that the IMS has driven their prices down and the 2009+ cars' up.

Since the cost of fixing an IMS with a DOF should be, absent price gauging, ~$1000 if done with the clutch or $1500 without, if you can save more than that, buy it.

Some caveats apply if you plan to track the car - the newer ones also have significant oiling improvements, but they matter little on the street, even if you drive like a teenager.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Or is "Automatic" now being used to describe PDK too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login