Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
trip.: [www.suncoastparts.com]

It's a "Boxster spare Tire Kit" and, according to the marketing blurb, it's "...[A] handy accessory, ideal for road trips." !!! LOL!!!

Oh, and it's less than $1,000.00! Five cents less, to be exact.

Regards, Maurice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 06:38PM by MauriceonLongIsland. (view changes)
You have several choices:
grant - Friday, 11 February, 2011, at 7:32:31 pm
N spec natural air.
N spec Nitrogen.
or
N spec helium, which reduces unsprung mass and rotational inertia.

Grant
Of course the fact that it takes up more than half of the rear trunk will tend to cut down on the length of the 'road trip' you can take. . .
jwdbox
Of course the fact that it takes up more than half of the rear trunk will tend to cut down on the length of the 'road trip' you can take. . .

It actually won't bother me. I get the front trunk and Mrs. G gets the rear trunk. There'll just be less room for shoes and purses. smiling smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Guenter in Ontario

It actually won't bother me. I get the front trunk and Mrs. G gets the rear trunk. There'll just be less room for shoes and purses. smiling smiley

Gee, somehow I just can't see that being the outcome. Perhaps Mrs. G would find a better place for the spare winking smileywinking smiley
jwdbox
Guenter in Ontario

Gee, somehow I just can't see that being the outcome. Perhaps Mrs. G would find a better place for the spare winking smileywinking smiley
One that may result in difficulty sitting down. smiling smiley

Brett
Don't be silly - sitting down is not the problem. Balancing the wheel on your wifes lap might be......angry smiley
you just throw it away
Steve (Morro Bay) - Saturday, 12 February, 2011, at 12:28:28 am
You were rich enough for a $1000 spare, so you can afford it.
Re: and where do you put the regular tire once you have it off?
Paul S. - Saturday, 12 February, 2011, at 12:55:42 pm
And therein lies the rub--in a Boxster, I doubt even a flat front tire would fit in the front trunk. Even in the 986's if you had 18" wheels, putting a fully deflated rear tire in the front trunk was dicey at best, and those trunks had more space because Porsche hadn't put in all the trunk treatment that came with the 987 and elimination of the spare. There's no really good spare tire solution on these cars, and that leaves you with run flat tires (which are not great) or what you've got which is an inflator, can of goop, and a prayer that you never need it.

At least in the 997, you might get the wheel in the back. That's the whole problem with the move to 19" rims (purely cosmetic and makes it very difficult to deal with a flat).

Current Porsche: PCA Club Coupe 2 of 50

Past: 02 986 S

01 996 Turbo

00 Millenium Coupe

99 996 C2

99 Boxster
AAA or CAA is less than $1000 and has got me home 3 times.
Alcantera
AAA or CAA is less than $1000 and has got me home 3 times.

CAA is a LOT cheaper down this way, Dave. winking smiley
Carry a chain and padlock so you can stash the flat tire in the boonies and then go back for it in your SUV.the finger smiley
Now THAT'S genius. thumbs up
I was about to say "amazing," but then I stopped and realized this is coming from Porsche, where no option scam amazes me any more. (Now that I've said that, I fully expect to get a flat in an area with no cell coverage. smiling smiley)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login