Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Maintenance
Larry G - Saturday, 12 February, 2011, at 7:09:22 pm
I have a 04 Boxster S Anniversary I bought the car two years ago with 32K miles, when I bought it they did the 30K service as well as the CPO inspection, last year after putting 2K miles on it I replaced the oil & filter installed a Techno Torque so I did clean the air intake & filter. Now a year latter & putting only another 1500 miles on it, is there anything else that needs to be done besides the oil & filter?
The car is in a garage when not being driven & being in LA I do not think I have to wory about moisture in the brake or cluch fluids, the car is not driven in the rain eigther.
Thank You
Larry
Maintenance...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 12 February, 2011, at 7:42:09 pm
... Oil/Oil Filter once a year regardless of mileage.
Brake/Clutch Fluid every 2 years, regardless of where you live.
Battery Maintainer when not being driven.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Maintenance...
Larry G - Sunday, 13 February, 2011, at 11:22:15 am
Does it matter if I use the blue gold or regular dot 4 brake fluid? How much do I need to flush both the brakes & clutch?
I did start using the thicker Castrol instead of Moble 1 as per LN Engineering & I do check the filter for metal shavings. Anything else I should be doing?
Larry
colors to know the flushing is complete. But one can tell by the condition of the fluid and the amount too. Just a personal preference I guess.

You can remove some fluid from the reservior so you don't have to use as much new fluid to flush the old fluid. You should have at least a liter of the proper brake fluid handy. You want to avoid running the reservior so low that air gets in the lines.

The only other thing I think you should be doing is DRIVING THE CAR MORE! Sorry. You should find a way to drive/enjoy the car more than 1500 miles per year.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
I used 1 liter to flush brakes and clutch *NM*
dghii - Sunday, 13 February, 2011, at 9:41:21 pm
dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Brake / Clutch fluid...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 14 February, 2011, at 8:38:09 am
... generally comes in 1 liter cans and that's enough for a complete flush.
You should use a high-temp fluid such as ATE, Motul or similar, not just any DOT approved fluid which boils at lower temps.
Blue or Gold are the same except for the color dye.
We generally replace fluid with the other color so that we can tell when the new fluid has flushed through as you can see the color change.
You can find DIY instructions here: [www.pedrosgarage.com]
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Re: Brake / Clutch fluid...
Larry G - Tuesday, 15 February, 2011, at 8:36:38 pm
Pedro
What do you think of the screw on oil filter kits?
I guess...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 15 February, 2011, at 11:54:57 pm
... they (screw-on filters) do a good job, but it's not like the OEM doesn't, so why?
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 08:23AM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login