Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Rain
ff42racer - 8 years ago
Drove my 9 day old 2016 Boxster S in the rain today. You know what? It didn't melt. Amazing.
smiling smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - 8 years ago
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Rain
jg wnc - 8 years ago
I think my 12 day old Boxster will get to play in the rain this week too. Going to get Xpel film installed tomorrow and it is supposed to be raining here.

BTW, have you posted pix? I don't recall having seen any shots of the new beauty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 09:20AM by jg atl. (view changes)
jg atl
BTW, have you posted pix? I don't recall having seen any shots of the new beauty.

He probably couldn't hold the umbrella and camera at the same time.

Yup. I vote for pictures too. smiling smiley
fgv1it - 8 years ago
Rain? Someone said rain? Not Boxsters, and is in German, but some beautiful cars and pictures nonetheless.

[youtu.be]
db997S - 8 years ago
It could be me, but I think all of my Porsche sports cars I've owned over the years have handled flawlessly in the rain. I feel much more confident in the rain driving them than any other cars I've owned.
I've driven through some pretty intense rain storms with both my 987 and 981. It's amazing how water tight these convertible tops are.
I started out hating going on track in the rain (first time on rain soaked track ever, with no preparation, in a DE, resulted in a spin in the very first corner at Sonoma, only going 15MPH, which left me fearful of a wet track), but once I got a chance to do it with full tread tires, I got pretty comfortable.

The video below is my in-car from the final race of the season a couple of weeks ago at Buttonwillow with PCA Club Racing. It rained hard in the morning and again as the race started. A couple of people gambled on dry tires and lost out. I took P1 in Spec Boxster and P3 overall. Besides the lack of traction (which I never wanted to really test the limits of) the worst part was visibility. There's no HVAC (defrost or fan) in a race car, so fogging is a big issue, and when a car is in front the spray reduces visibility to almost nothing! The spray makes you want to back off until you can go off-line, and when you get by it's like taking off a blindfold, allowing you to see the edges of the track, and where the next corner is!

[video]https://youtu.be/IbxKKUsW7cw[/video]
I love running in the rain.
Here's a short video at Homestead-Miami.
Watch the oops! On the last lap.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

[m.youtube.com]

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

... to Scrutinize this year.
At the last minute they cancelled because of low driver count.
One of these days I'll get to a Club Race out west.
Great driving Trygve!
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 03:38PM by Laz. (view changes)
We'll have club races at Thunderhill and Buttonwillow for sure, and presumably at Laguna Seca again as well.

I keep hoping they'll get to Sonoma but apparently the track cost structure doesn't work for PCA. I run Sonoma a few single day events each year with a smaller club that makes it work at very reasonable cost.
TTLATION - 8 years ago
No pix, it didn't happenwinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login