Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Accusump Installed this weekend...
Byron in Atlanta - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 4:44:13 pm
It was a pretty straightforward install. The hardest part was the plumbing of the line. I DO NOT LIKE BRAIDED STEEL HOSE!!! Looks good but a bitch to work with. I noticed that some folks did a connector at the firewall but I just drilled a hole through the firewall and ran the hose through a grommet. I wired the electric switch into the rear wiring harness in the trunk and mounted the toggle switch in the trunk as well. I used the sandwich adapter and spin-on filter adapters from LN. They were really simple and seem like a good solution to me. The trade off is the much smaller filter, but I am going to buy them in bulk and change frequently. I also went with the LN oil pan extension and their magnetic drain plug. If this SOB blows up again, it won't be for lack of oil!!!

Re: Accusump Installed this weekend...
MikenOH - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 5:29:40 pm
Looks like a nice, compact unit that takes up little room in the trunk.
What's the capacity and price of the unit?
How much time to do the installation?
This is the 2 qt marine version from LN...
Byron in Atlanta - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 11:00:59 pm
Their kit is $1100. You could likely get out cheaper by going direct to Canton Racing for just the Accusump and buying the hose and connectors separately. It took a couple of hours to install, mostly measuring and thinking through the placement of everything.
Re: Accusump Installed this weekend...
Alcantera - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 8:32:30 am
I see Mantis Racing makes a deep sump kit for the Cayman. I was replacing my coolant tank again, and thought to myself it would not be too hard to make an aluminum tank to replace the stock tank. I'm on my third tank so far. That looks kind of trick in your trunk. You are correct in making sure you have a constant supply of oil . I have always said, "That is more important than the type of oil." I can imagine how tough that install would be. They should rent out little Sec Du Soleil acrobats at Pep boys. "There you go little buddy, I'll hold the step stool; you just put this pipe between the motor and the bulkhead!".
Mine is going in this week ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 8:42:01 am
... before this next Saturday when I go to Sebring.
Mainly because of Sebring I went with the larger 3 Qt. version, because turn 17 is soooooo looooong.
I'm not tapping into the oil filter, I like the OEM, so I'm hacking the oil cooler (more to come).
I'll post images when it's all done.
BTW, I lucked out 'cause I found the kit on the auction site for $175 (new - never used).
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login