Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/life/vin/vin.php

Lists even more than are on my build sticker.
Very nice but I wonder...
dghii - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 2:20:37 pm
...when my 18" turbo twist wheels dissapeared?

The wheels are on the window sticker that came with the car but when I bought it (7/2008) it came with 17" twists. I wonder why a PO would have changed them out unless they though the ride was 'better' with the 17's.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Re: Very nice but I wonder...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 2:44:34 pm
dghii
...when my 18" turbo twist wheels dissapeared?

The wheels are on the window sticker that came with the car but when I bought it (7/2008) it came with 17" twists. I wonder why a PO would have changed them out unless they though the ride was 'better' with the 17's.

Could quite possibly have happened at the dealer.

My car came with 17' wheels from the factory, but I wanted the 18" Boxster S wheels, so the dealer switched them from another car they had in stock.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
That was a very accommodating dealer...
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 3:16:53 pm
I couldn't get the one's down here to swap wheels.
Re: That was a very accommodating dealer...
Dave In MD - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 5:27:53 pm
Gary, I bought my Boxster from one of the dealers down there. They swapped mine before they tried to sell me the car.

I asked for the factory option list and made them put the originals back. eye rolling smiley

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Re: That was a very accommodating dealer...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 8:26:07 pm
Gary in SoFL
I couldn't get the one's down here to swap wheels.

Well, I did have to pay the difference for the upgraded wheels. Seemed to be no problem for them though.
Thanks for the Tip!
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 2:48:13 pm
Now I know why my OEM battery lasted 8 years... M197 - Stronger battery smiling smiley
Re: Thanks for the Tip!
jacknyc - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 5:06:29 pm
Very interesting site!! cool smiley Thanks, Mike!
Re: Thanks for the Tip!
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 6:44:58 pm
Stronger battery was part of the TIP package. If you look in the owner's manual you'll see 2 batteries listed depending on the trans.
I have a 6 speed and my options showed the 'stronger battery'
dghii - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 11:31:36 pm
Maybe my 18" wheels were swapped straight up for the better battery!

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Or it may be an artifact of the standard a/c. Though the repair manual does specify the TIP. I have heard of non-a/c Boxsters in other countries. Someone on a UK board asking how to demist since he has no a/c.

Or could it be a cold weather option special ordered? Where was the car first sold?

The 986 Tiptronic battery is bigger than the manual transmission version. They are listed this way in the general section of the official repair manuals:
Ah/A 60/280 Manual
Ah/A 70/320 Tiptronic
Mine is a 5 speed manual and was sold in CA. Perhaps the original owner had an irrational fear of jumper cables. winking smiley
Cool resource *NM*
Richard H in Pcola - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 4:53:23 pm
Nice reference - thanks. The site produced a list pretty close to the code list I got from the dealer. Apparently I have the I199 "battery disconnection switch", anybody know what this is?

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
Now THIS is an interesting option ...
Roger987 - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 9:39:54 pm
"I575 Luggage compartment cooling system "

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure it's not in the rear trunk - that's where I warm up my Lean Cuisine TV dinners. grinning smiley

Maybe they're referring to the front trunk safety latch - leave the trunk lid cracked open a bit while I drive? winking smiley
LOL *NM*
Roger987 - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 5:35:25 pm
Thanks for posting, mikefocke. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 7:22:52 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login