Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm pretty amped up right now. I was driving through a parking lot wgen i spied a black Speedster and I thought replica?? Then I saw the Rudge wheels and thought no way a replica.

I turned into a space and heard a voice from behind asking. "what number is your Bullitt" The guy in the Speedster looked an awful lot like Chad McQueen and IT WAS.

I ran over to the Speedster and greeted Chad. My camera was 2 blocks away in the condo....DAMN! After some car talk he drove away and I was still flabergasted.

I got into the Rite Aid and said to myself, "you friggin idiot why didn't you ask him to sign the dash of the Bullitt????? WHY???

After I left the rite aid I passed the AM/PM where I had earlier bought gas an there was THE BLACK SPEEDSTER!!!

Well I drove right up to it in stalker fashion and asked McQueen who was with a girlfriend/wife who maybe I should know, "will you sign my dash"

He said sure and asked if I had a sharpie.....DUH, no!! I asked if he'd wait while I ran inside the minimart to buy one and he again said yes.

I came out and he and his GF were standing by the Speedster waiting. He moves with great difficulty but got in my seat and signed the dash.....cool.

How great was this neat encounter and how nice a car guy is Chad??? I'm still quite pumped. Both from the autograph and seeing "MR COOL'S" SPEEDSTER!!

[home.comcast.net]
UK Porsche mags had at least one (maybe 2) articles that featured the McQueen Porsches and one covered the 356 and that Chad had decided to keep it 'forever'.

The writers indicated he was a very nice guy and your encounter only confirms this.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Brett, we're leaving tomorrow. Heading North to visit an old AF buddy in SF, then unfortunately, home.

We are finding leaving the desert gets harder each year. Seriously considering relocation.
dennisafrompa
Brett, we're leaving tomorrow. Heading North to visit an old AF buddy in SF, then unfortunately, home.

We are finding leaving the desert gets harder each year. Seriously considering relocation.

Ah ha! Dennis, after that meeting with Chad, I figured you'd find some reason to head up for the drive through the streets of San Fran. winking smiley grinning smiley

You will be posting a video, right? smiling bouncing smiley
Well maybe not a video, but we do plan the photo the car on parts of the chase route.

As Mary says, "car guys, what are you gonna do???"
dennisafrompa
Well maybe not a video, but we do plan the photo the car on parts of the chase route.

As Mary says, "car guys, what are you gonna do???"

Hey, a guy is lucky when he finds a good woman who accepts him for what he is. She's a keeper. thumbs up

PS, I'm lucky that way too. smiling smiley
...the nice weather we had here in the NE this winter?! grinning smiley

The McQueen Cars
Tino - Monday, 7 March, 2011, at 11:41:33 am
When I first moved into the areaI was looking for a shop to service my cars, and in one of my visits, there was an early 911 sitting in one of the bays. The service manager pointed it out to me and told me it belonged to Chad McQueen, and it was the car that was used in the opening sequence of "Le Mans". Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me, so no pictures. Since then, I have seen Chad several times around the area, but always when we are both driving in our cars, so other than the usual friendly wave, I have not met him. It does give you a sense of film and car history to see those beautiful cars just running around in the traffic around here, though.
Re: The McQueen Cars
dennisafrompa - Wednesday, 9 March, 2011, at 10:02:34 am
Although that car looks pretty much like the one in Le Mans, all books about McQueen's cars say it is NOT.

Sorry we missed you Tino but I PMed you and never heard from you. We're planning on 10 weeks next year.

Chad said he'd like to break bread with us and I'm gonna hold him to it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login