Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I'm placing an order, and having it shipped to Niagara Falls, NY. Wife and kids are going to be passing thru on their way back from Disney at March Break.....

Any other neat 'must have' tools for the Boxster?
Petee_C
I'm placing an order, and having it shipped to Niagara Falls, NY. Wife and kids are going to be passing thru on their way back from Disney at March Break.....

wheel bolts.

A 3/8" torque wrench and a quarter inch drive inch pounds torque wrench too, if you're going to do any oil/filter services, brakes, plugs/coils, etc.

For the oil/filter service you'll need a proper sized allen wrench and a snug fitting oil filter wrench.

Get a good tight fitting set of properly sized sockets too in the sizes used by the car. For the wheel bolts I just buy the socket that fits, no need to buy a complete 1/2" set of sockets. ($) From before my time with the Boxster I have pretty complete sets of 3/8" and 1/4" drive sockets, regular and deep and some extensions and swivels.

Rhino ramps or a good floor jack and 4 good jack stands. If you have the room a good air compressor is always handy.

Also, I would suggest a good Obd2 code reader/data viewer for that time when the check engine light comes on.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
MarcW
Petee_C

wheel bolts.got it

A 3/8" torque wrench
got it and a quarter inch drive inch pounds torque wrench too, if you're going to do any oil/filter services, brakes, plugs/coils, etc.

For the oil/filter service you'll need a proper sized allen wrench
got it and a snug fitting oil filter wrench.got it

Get a good tight fitting set of properly sized sockets
got it too in the sizes used by the car. For the wheel bolts I just buy the socket that fits, no need to buy a complete 1/2" set of sockets.got it ($) From before my time with the Boxster I have pretty complete sets of 3/8" and 1/4" drive sockets, regular and deep and some extensions and swivels.

Rhino ramps or a good floor jack and 4 good jack stands
got the jack and stands, ( I have wood ramps). If you have the room a good air compressor is always handy.got it

Also, I would suggest a good Obd2 code reader/data viewer for that time when the check engine light comes on.
got it

Sincerely,

MarcW.

I'm a bit of a tool monger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 08:57AM by Petee_C. (view changes)
got it... a 10yr old direct drive, oilless 13 gallon CH one.... still works.... says 4.8SCFM at 90psi

Tool hog...

P
Get the swivel adapter for the motive *NM*
Boxsterra - Saturday, 12 March, 2011, at 6:37:29 pm
Re: Get the swivel adapter for the motive
Petee_C - Sunday, 13 March, 2011, at 9:01:31 am
Thanks.

Isn't there some triple square socket I need for tranny flushes or something? I have an '01 986S

Peter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login