Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
2001 Boxster 2.7 - CEL, P0446, P1128 & P1130
ugleeual - Sunday, 13 March, 2011, at 2:08:02 pm
I'm taking my car into IMA Motosport this week to hopefully resolve my VA Emissions nightmare (I cannot pass test). last week my CEL came on just prior to getting my emissions text in VA. I called IMA and owner said to bring into run codes on his Porsche Diagnostic Computer... which i did. Codes came up are CEL, P0446, P1128 & P1130. Car is running great except fuel efficiency is a little down... car has 46K miles... hardly drive it. I've read other forums that the Charcoal Canister ($225/Labor) might be he culprit... IMA said probably not bad O2 Sensors... probably something else causing the O2 numbers causing the CEL. Anyone else have similar issues? IMA is going to look at my car Wed and come up with a plan to remedy...hope this does not break he bank. Any insight would be great.
Flow resistance of EVAP canister too high.
Purge air line blocked.
Evap canistor purge valve open.

There are tests a shop with a PST2 can perform to narrow the possible causes down.

I would need to find my Boxster OBD2 reference to post any details of the tests. (I misplaced this book!)

P1128 and P1130 can be caused by several things, but the significant cause I think in this case is "EVAP canister purge valve open".

Thus I would suspect the purge valve. I hate to advise you to throw parts at the symptom but in this case replacing the valve might be a reasonable shot in the dark. I of course offer no guarantee a new valve is going to solve your problems.

But if the part is not that much and the effort is not too great...

If you replace the valve, of course check all hoses/lines for any breaks, cracks, signs of damage/age/distress. Clear teh error codes and then drive the car a while. Probably 30 miles or so is long enough to see if the codes (any codes) reappear.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Re: 2001 Boxster 2.7 - CEL, P0446, P1128 & P1130
ugleeual - Sunday, 20 March, 2011, at 9:12:16 am
Just got it back late yesterday... IMA Motorsport in Chantilly, VA were able to find/fix the problem after troubleshooting. Had to replace the EVAP Shutoff Valve first ... then had to replace the MAF Sensor. CEL gone... car runs great.... out of pocket $1,200.00... that hurt a bit but i was able to get my emissions passed in VA. Glad did not try the fix myself... would have changed perfectly good O2 sensors and the EVAP canister.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login