Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My wife has a 2006 boxster we purchased new and has 70,000 miles on it with a 2.7 engine, she experienced a massive AOS failure and she only drove it less than an 1/8 mile and parked it, I had the car towed to our home and replaced the AOS with a new URO unit. two weeks later we got a service engine light and I pulled the MAF and cleaned it and it had some oil droplets on it, two weeks later I got another light and all readings seemed the same so I replaced the MAF and got the same engine light adding 25% stft at idle. I then smoked the engine and found the right rear larger camshaft seal pushed out, I pushed it back in thinking it may have happened when the AOS failed. Two weeks later the left front large camshaft plug came out, I replaced it with a new plug and one week later the RH plug came out again. Obviously the engine crankcase has positive pressure pushing the cam plugs out, is it possible the new URO AOS is defective? Any help or comments would be appreciated. She drives the car about 15 miles each way to work.
Not sure if you saw this...

[www.youtube.com]

I would check to be sure the AOS was properly installed. But I would deduct that there is clearly something wrong there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login