Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Yesterday was the official start of the Porsche driving season here in Ontario. Upper Canada Region had its official kick off with Shift into Spring held at Porsche Centre Vaughn (part of Toronto). It was a cloudy and cool day, At least it was dry, so a few of us were able to make the 60 mile trip with tops down in the fresh 38 F weather. It was nice seeing a 1971 Karmann Ghia out. Except for the side mirrors and wheels, it looked pretty stock. The owner had replaced the original VW motor with with a turbo charged 914 engine. You can sure see some its DNA in the lines of the 986 and 987.

CURVEN8R was thilled to get out to play with his siblings. More pictures here:
[www.flickr.com]

Enjoy!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Great photos. Love the Karmann Ghia - timeless design - looks as great today as it did more than a half-century ago.
i’m happy for the official start of the season. i just got back from a 8 day drive from calgary->banff->jasper->whistler->vancouver and saw ONE boxster, zero 911s, panameras, taycans. apparently i just missed the season. the whole trip (riding in a minivan), i was dreaming about driving the boxster. smileys with beer
Glad to see you've got car out --with the top down--despite the low temps. We've had ours out since late March.
What a joy--you forget over the winter just how responsive this car is, especially when you've been driving a RAV4 with blizzaks on it for months.
Hope to see you two later this year.
sad smiley

Nice job ICEing the charger.

I'm enjoying a 2023 BMW i4m50 after a 15 month wait. My 1st brand new car in over 20 yrs. My 986s is still in storage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login