Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Not sure what happened, but I have a couple hard spots on the leather passenger seats on my '01 boxster...

Any recommendations for conditioner? I am thinking about trying chemical guys leather conditioner since I can get it locally.
[www.canadiantire.ca]

I have an old bottle of Lexol leather conditoner.(brown spray bottle) The sprayer gave up the ghost long ago, I just shake it well, remove the sprayer apply it now with a microfiber towel, but it may be time for something else.
Are Leatherique still in business? It's ben a while since I used it on my car and horse saddles, but I was great.
leather seats & leather dash. Also on my motorcycle's leather seat & other leather accessories. Protects & softens better than anything else I have tried.
Hard areas on leather seats usually happen when the leather gets wet and then dries quickly.
The best way to hydrate it is to apply steam to the area, slowly until it gets soft, then cover the area with a damp terrycloth and allow it to dry very slowly (2-3 days) away from direct sunlight or other source of heat.
Depending on the severity, this procedure may have to be repeated several times.
When the dry patch is flexible then apply a good leather conditioner.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Like a couple squirts of steam, then repeat? or a 5 second shot of steam?

There are 3 areas with defects, 2 maybe nickel size, one is a line about 1/2" wide and maybe 3" long....

How much steam until I see it soften a bit?

or play it by ear?
This is constant steam for a couple of minutes.
That dried-out leather won't want to take in the moisture at first.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login