Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Right side working fine but driver's side a mere drizzle. Can these be cleaned & if so, how? I don't see a pinhole like the old ones . . .

JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

"Wisdom is the most perfect knowledge of the most important truths in the right order of emphasis, accompanied by a total, permanent disposition to live accordingly.

-- Br. Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M.

"(School is to be a factory) in which raw products, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products . . .(m)anufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry."

-- Elwood P. Cubberley, Dean of School of Education, Stanford University, 1905

"The creatures that want to live a life of their own, we call wild. If wild, then no matter how harmless, we treat them as outlaws, and those of us who are 'specially well brought up shoot them for fun."

-- Clarence Day, This Simian World
but looking at the autoatlanta parts diagram, it looks like the nozzle housing can be removed easily enough.

I would take it out and soak it in an appropriate solvent overnight then flush with air and water.

If that did not work, order a new one. Not worth messing with it more than that.

just bought a pair for my BMW - like $15.00 total.

The Porsche tax might make it more, but....
Ouch
JM-Stamford,CT - 10 months ago
Expensive for a little piece of plastic, but easy replacement.
& then soak the old one in vinegar hoping to dissolve whatever is blocking it now. If that works, I will keep the old one & use it when the other side goes bad.

I believe the cause was leaving the car sit out for 3 weeks in the hot sun while clearing a place in the garage for ol' Wolfi. We have just moved into new digs & took that long to unpack boxes of tools & other garage stuff.

Really appreciate your advice, JM. Thank you, sir!
If you're getting lime buildup in your washer nozzles, try using distilled water instead of tap water to fill / mix your washer fluid.
the solutions' producers use only tap water @ best.

JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

"Wisdom is the most perfect knowledge of the most important truths in the right order of emphasis, accompanied by a total, permanent disposition to live accordingly.

-- Br. Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M.

"(School is to be a factory) in which raw products, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products . . .(m)anufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry."

-- Elwood P. Cubberley, Dean of School of Education, Stanford University, 1905

"The creatures that want to live a life of their own, we call wild. If wild, then no matter how harmless, we treat them as outlaws, and those of us who are 'specially well brought up shoot them for fun."

-- Clarence Day, This Simian World
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login