Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The brake pad warning sensor keeps going off. A friend of mine has replaced the wiring for the sensor several times but the warning keeps coming on. There is more then adequate brake pad left. Any theories or possible solutions?confused smiley

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
If it's not the pad or the sensor then there's a short in the wiring or the connector.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Odessa, FL)
If it's not the pad or the sensor then there's a short in the wiring or the connector.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Is there a way to determine which sensor or wire is the faulty one.

I would replace the sensor. If the light remains on, the fault is in the general loom.

I would then do research on deleting the sensors. As I recall, many track pads do not accept sensors without alteration. So drivers worked around the sensors.
Using the various work arounds, you may be able to isolate various potential failure points. Try several and see if you determine the point of failure.

If that does not get you there, you might have to trace the wiring and look for a short, then repair.
You have to physically inspect each one.
Although there are 4 brake sensor units, one in each corner, there are two sensors per unit (one in each pad).
Sincerely,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
if the light comes on, i'm pretty sure it's an open in the wiring, and not a short....
Thanks for all the help.Guess I have a future project.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login