Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
A couple of nice videos on the Carrera GT
Laz - Saturday, 26 March, 2011, at 8:41:17 pm
The first one has a lot of nice cinematography, and the second shows some of the chassis and has some technical information. Looks great full screen at 720 res. I like, too, that the music doesn't overwhelm the sound of the car as so many videos do.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
Re: A couple of nice videos on the Carrera GT
TSS4LSU - Saturday, 26 March, 2011, at 9:40:36 pm
I know I am biased as I own a Boxster but I am always struck when I look at the "Carrera" GT of how much it looks like a bigger Boxster. The back end is a Boxster not a 911. Even the engine placement is Boxster-like and not 911-like. They really should have called it the Boxster GT smoking smiley

I am I the only one who sees this as a big Boxster?
I don't know the design history of the car, but it seems some inspiration comes from the 904 Carrera. The 918 picks up on that also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 09:48PM by Laz. (view changes)
Name correction: It wasn't the "904 Carrera".
Laz - Monday, 28 March, 2011, at 8:51:35 pm
Intended to be called the "904" but because of the problem they had with Peugeot (901 became 911,) it was officially named "Carrera GTS."
Re: A couple of nice videos on the Carrera GT
r9i8c7k - Monday, 28 March, 2011, at 8:21:44 pm
Ditto....

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
I never noticed the padded interior of the roof before
Boxsterra - Sunday, 27 March, 2011, at 9:06:23 pm
I wonder if that's stock or if it was added for recording purposes.
... it does look like it has an acoustic purpose, well considered by the professional makers of the video. It doesn't appear to be Sonex, though.

I saw one at a dealership, but didn't think to look up, what with so much to relish from the driver's point of view.
The roof padding is stock
986rgt - Monday, 28 March, 2011, at 12:25:39 am
The same cross sticked padding is on the fire wall too. Nice touches!

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Just as in 986 Boxsters: the side mirrors, the windows, the doors overall, and the side air intakes are repeating forms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 01:05AM by Laz. (view changes)
Sonex does make a quilted curtain
Laz - Monday, 28 March, 2011, at 9:57:06 pm
[www.sonex-online.com]

Other companies also seem to have proprietary products that are similar, eg:

[www.acousticalsurfaces.com]
Silverstone
ff42racer - Monday, 28 March, 2011, at 3:00:35 pm
Many years ago I took a 1 day drivers school at Silverstone in Formula Fords. We used the lower test track section for the day. Included the old Stowe corner and the old Club corner, Beckets, Hanger straight. The best money I have ever spent on driver training. That was when the school was under the moniker of John Watson. Got to meet him at the end of the day. Great guy and a major HI Fi buff. Also a pretty good F1 driver.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login