Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I'll be replacing the current set of tires probably next spring and I'm thinking it might be prudent to do the TPMS sensors at the same time with the car just turning 11 years old.
Would be curious what experience other 981 owners have had with their systems and if they did replace them, where the parts were sourced.
Thanks for any help in advance.
I think TPMS's life is very wide and varied. I have a 2007 987 and a 2010 VW Passat CC.
My first set (original) on the 987 with a 433 MHz TPMS lasted 7 years and my second sent is on it's 11th year.
As for my Passat, it's still on the originals with a 315MHz TPMS and is on it's 14th year...go figure.

BTW if you decide not to change now, you can replace them later without dismounting and balancing the tires.
Guenter went through this exercise--I am sure he will respond or do a search on his name..
Mike, I decided to replace mine when I had to replace all four tires last year. After 9 years, the sensors where still working fine, but decided to replace them to avoid having to do it separately. I'm not sure if my info applies with the difference in US pricing and exchange rate. Here's my summary post from last year.
[pedrosboard.com]
Thanks for all the replies.
Guenter, thanks for all the detail supplied from your comparison shopping.
I'm thinking of going with Costco with Mich. A/S 4 tires next year but they don't appear to do a a TPMS switch if desired.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login