Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
All,

I have a very minor question about my 2001 Boxster S. When I raise or lower both windows at the same time the passenger and driver’s windows arrive at the top and the bottom about .5 seconds apart. Is there a way to adjust this so the hit the top and bottom at the same time?

Thanks,

Neil
tongue sticking out smiley ah, so OCD for you too, eh! my ‘98 is the same. don’t know if they can be adjusted. i just do a one-touch and forget it approach.

i bought a REALLY cheap window regulator for my SUV and the L vs R windows now move very differently. I figured that when it bugged me enough, I’d buy two new REALLY cheap regulators so they worked equally slowly and with matching squeaks. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2023 10:59AM by SMILIN. (view changes)
If you REALLY want to get them exactly you could install a variable resistor (rheostat) on the faster window's 12 volt line and start increasing resistance until speeds equalize.
Good luck!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thank you for the suggestions. I may just live with it.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login