Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Gas fill cover
Ed B - 5 months ago
Boxster has been put to bed for the winter.(It snowed last night). Wanted put the '04 GT3 to bed, fill gas tank first. Couldn't open the cover. Checked Boxster cover to see what might be wrong.
Locking pin on the GT3 had not retracted. Lightly tapping on the cover had no effect. Car has not been locked for some time. Before I started to pry it open, Tried locking and unlocking the car. It worked!
Anyone else had this problem?

Ed B smiling smiley
Re: Gas fill cover
BLKBOXS - 5 months ago
I had the same issue on my 2006 Boxster S. I guess it is good to reset the locking system. I get different results when I use the key fob vs the lock on the door...then there is the inside lock button as well. The system must get confused....or maybe its the sequence in which we lock or unlock?

MIKELLIG
I think that is what happens on purpose. It is a "saftey measure". If you had the car outside but don't lock it will lock itself after a while. Just hitting the lock unlock will unlock everything.
Ed B - 5 months ago
Interesting thought. Car is always garaged and doesn't get exercised often. Most miles are on the Audi A3 or F250.
Only the cover was locked. Car is rarely locked in the garage. Hasn't happen to the Boxster. I'll check it while it's in its winter hibernation to see if it happens again. Maybe it's a "feature", like oil leaks.

Ed smileys with beer
and causing the "anomaly."
If I recall correctly, to wake/unlock the car, there's a procedure using the bladed key in the key slot hidden under the driver's door handle.
I don't remember if I used the key or remote to release the flap. The only has happened once, so far, on the GT3 and never on the Boxster. Next time I'm in the garage, I'll check both of them.

Ed
Checked the Boxster and the GT3 flaps. Both are still unlocked.

Ed thumbs up
j.davis - 4 months ago
From the owner's manual for my 981CS on page 210:

Emergency unlocking of the filler flap
If the electrical release mechanism is faulty, the
filler flap can be opened as follows: f Open the passenger’s door. f Pull the button in the right-hand door aperture
(arrow).
The filler flap pops open.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login