Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have been getting CEL 1275 regularly (Aging sensor ahead of catalyst, bank 1-3). I replaced it about 16,000 miles ago. Even though I replaced it, I got the same CEL after 1000 miles and about every 1000 miles since then.

I want to replace it again and I want to be sure that I am getting the right one. I believe I got #15182 the last time I replaced it. Perhaps this was not the correct one or I got a bad one?

Pelican Parts shows 986-606-00-M14 (Bosch 16507), RockAuto shows Bosch 15182 as Actual OE O2 sensor, Sunset Porsche & PET shows 986-606-126-01(Bosch 13806). Autozone shows Bosche 13806, but it doesn't look like the ones that I have installed in the past. I believe that these are all part #s for the upstream version.

Where is the best place (price) to buy it?

Thanks.
986-606-127-01
Porsche
Bosch

were the part numbers 10 years ago for the 2000 both 2.7 and 3.2.
... get replaced for the wrong reasons.
You need to know that OBD2 code Readers speak in code.
Even though you're reading: "aging sensor ahead of catalyst, bank 1-3" the only thing that's a given is that it's happening on the right bank of the engine.
The aging sensor doesn't mean that it's an old sensor, but rather that the signal the ECU expects to see from the sensor is weaker than it wants.
It could be that the O2 sensor is bad, but more likely it's something upstream of the sensor. It could be intake (air) related or fuel (injector) related.
In order to determine if indeed it is the sensor, swap both of the pre-cat sensors. Clear the code and drive until the code comes back up.
If the code refers to the left bank (2-6) then you know the sensor is bad.
If the code still shows up as right bank (1-3) then it's something upstream as explained above.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login