Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Happy2024-PB

Best Wishes to all.
PedrosBoard

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Happy New Year from the northern crew!

What a fantastic way to start a new year. A beautiful Boxster bathed in sunshine and tropical setting.
reminded me to recommend a surprisingly good movie called "Gran Turismo". It's a movie Holly & I watched on NETFLIX the other evening & it is based on the true story of Jann Mardenborough, a video game racer who successfully became a real race car driver. The racing scenes are quite good, right in there w/LeMans movie. Here's a trailer:

[www.bing.com]

Here's a link to Mardenborough's Wiki:

[en.wikipedia.org]

I say check it out . . .

JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

"Wisdom is the most perfect knowledge of the most important truths in the right order of emphasis, accompanied by a total, permanent disposition to live accordingly.

-- Br. Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M.

"(School is to be a factory) in which raw products, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products . . .(m)anufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry."

-- Elwood P. Cubberley, Dean of School of Education, Stanford University, 1905

"The creatures that want to live a life of their own, we call wild. If wild, then no matter how harmless, we treat them as outlaws, and those of us who are 'specially well brought up shoot them for fun."

-- Clarence Day, This Simian World
I saw it over the holidays.
I liked it, my wife did not.
I'll watch it agin, for sure!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
right after we finished watching & before I could say it, Holly turned to me on the couch & told me she DEFINITELY wanted to watch Gran Turismo again.

Has your wife ever driven @ speed on a race track? If not, that may be the difference. Holly has driven Hockenheimring, Nürburgring, & Autodrom Most (in Czech Republic). Holly's a beautiful driver, very smooth, relaxed & consistent.

Long ago now after I retired & we were living in Middleburg, VA, Holly still worked for DoD & when she took business trips, I would binge on our LeMans movie DVD. When I told he after she returned home, she told me she regretted not being able to watch w/me!
[www.biography.com]

[www.imdb.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

"Wisdom is the most perfect knowledge of the most important truths in the right order of emphasis, accompanied by a total, permanent disposition to live accordingly.

-- Br. Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M.

"(School is to be a factory) in which raw products, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products . . .(m)anufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry."

-- Elwood P. Cubberley, Dean of School of Education, Stanford University, 1905

"The creatures that want to live a life of their own, we call wild. If wild, then no matter how harmless, we treat them as outlaws, and those of us who are 'specially well brought up shoot them for fun."

-- Clarence Day, This Simian World
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login