Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The voiceover and music is evocative of the solemnity in many Porsche ads.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2024 11:44AM by Laz. (view changes)
Kinda makes me want to buy a sweater or two, don a pair of my desert boots, hop in that old Niner & look just like Steve McQueen . . .smiling bouncing smiley
particular set of scenes are among those I particularly enjoy. Thanks so much for posting that here. thumbs up
Resonance
Laz - 3 months ago
It could be that seeing the street 911 makes it relatable. It's nearly impossible to aspire to driving a prototype at Le Mans, but we can wish to, or actually own, a street Porsche. Rust bucket that it was, I proudly drove my 66 912 to the theater with my dad. Seeing the McQueen's 911 made me feel a kinship to him and the brand.
(I love the smell of hypoy gear oil in the morning!)
In 2014 I went to the race, and walked around the old part of town; going into Cathédrale St-Julien du Mans, and having a Calvados at a cafe just outside. Now when I see the film I get a fresh thrill knowing I've been right there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2024 10:15AM by Laz. (view changes)
I referred to the 911 as a "Niner". Thinking about this afterwards, it came to me that Germans often refer to their or other peoples' 911s as "Elfers", the word "Elf" meaning eleven in German. Have y'all heard of these two familiarities before?

I think I like Elfer best as there maybe is something elfin about Elfers. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2024 04:41PM by John Brown of SE SoDak. (view changes)
That brand us headquartered in Durham, NC. They featured Cam Ingram of Road Scholars in one of their catalogs a few years back.
thumbs up *NM*
Laz - 3 months ago
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login