Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
‘98 w 156k miles. 16k miles and 8yrs on replacement clutch. original IMS and RMS. i don’t drive the car regularly anymore…sometimes several days in a row, other times not for a week or two. i’ve recently started having intermittent clutch shudder. by intermittent, i mean that it occurs only every few trips, but the whole trip. other trips are fine. no slipping ever. is this possibly an intermittent/slow RMS leak that is contaminating the clutch? other possibilities that i can consider while i try to find a pattern? or does it not matter, and the only recourse is to replace it all? how can the shudder be horrible one day, and fine the next? no clue if it’s related, but for the past few years, i’ve got one small drop of oil on the garage floor each time i drive the car. exactly one small drop. (i’m sure more is leaking while driving, but the garage floor has been consistent at one small drop.)thanks for any thoughts.
Could be a small leak from the RMS.
If it is that, the main problem is that it will damage the elastometer in the dual mass flywheel.
Get under the car to find out where the drop of oil is coming down from.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login