Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
While replacing my map light in my 2000 Boxster (I cracked the replacement the first time), I either popped out or noticed that the 'weird eye' cover was missing. If it just popped out it is in "Never to be FoundLand".

[ibb.co]

If the picture link doesn't work, there are two plastic 'eys' that are between the map light and the soft top release. The one on the passenger side is now missing.

I assume the replacement just pops in, but what is it protecting?

As an aside, the price of the map light has jumped from $25 to $100 in two years.

Andrew
i’ll be invading your state for the eclipse. starting in manhattan at 6am? thinking of driving north thru albany towards plattsburgh, with no particular destination, ok just pulling off the side of some road. what’s the buzz…will there be major congestion adding hours to the trip? is syracuse, then north a better route? we are literally driving 5+ hours, sitting around, driving back. because we are crazy. any local knowledge? thanks
Thanks for the part #.

No idea on traffic, but best of luck. Waze is always your friend.

Andrew
eclipse report
SMILIN - 2 weeks ago
stayed with a friend in manhattan. left at 5am and made it to plattsburgh in 4.5 hours! great easy drive. lucked out and found an event at the city beach park and got in just before they closed the gates. eclipse was AWESOME!!! drive home…well, we paid the price…10.5 hours to get back. SO TOTALLY WORTH IT…SEEING A TOTAL ECLIPSE WAS BETTER THAN HAVING A 160k mi 986 WITH NO IMS, RMS, POROUS BLOCK FAILURES!
no kidding. there were times when we were disoriented thinking the highway was divided by a strip of trees. nope, opposite lanes were right next to us…just nobody going that way. the cartoon was an accurate drawing of route 87 on the afternoon of 4/8/24. smiling smiley
We only had 60% coverage, here in Tampa Bay, but even so, you could feel and see the difference.
Since the first waves to be blocked are the Infra reds, you couldn't feel the warmth of the sun and all the colors were off!
My wife and I travelled 800 miles for the previous one and it was awesome.
I'll start making plans for the one in 2052.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
i’ve already put in the reservation with my kids…one of them will be pushing my wheelchair!
I was lucky enough to be at a friend's house in Stoney Creek Ontario. It was cloud covered most of the day. We were lucky enough to have the sky just start to open just before the total eclipse.

Two during total eclipse.

And this taken just as it was coming out of total eclipse.

Re: Beautiful.
SMILIN - 1 week ago
sorry andrew, we got a little carried away and eclipsed your original question grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login