Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
No, I beg to disagree. The planet is being totally Fck..d. ICE has got to go.

But there is nothing shoddy about the electric Boxters and Caymans...
And if you read the whole article carefully, it says that SALES of the cars in the EU and other countries that apply EU regulations will stop. Production of ICE cars for North America and other parts of the world will continue for another couple of years.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2024 10:09AM by John Brown of SE SoDak. (view changes)
Are the rules intended to protect individual vehicle owners' privacy, or to enable authorities to monitor vehicles, or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2024 09:59AM by John Brown of SE SoDak. (view changes)
Both cyber security and government monitoring.
IIRC, automobile hacking was a hot topic a decade or so ago, but I haven't seen much on that topic lately.
The control issue, however, seems to be at the forefront.
If you've renewed your auto insurance policy this year, you've probably been asked if you'd like to get a discount in your premiums if you agree to have a tracking device installed in your car that would report your driving habits to the insurer. And I'm sure they'd never share the info with anyone..smiling smiley
The customer service didn't understand why I wasn't interested in cutting my rates by 20% with the gizmo; I guess the Porsche brand name didn't ring an bells for him.
I can just imagine what would happen to your insurance after a track day. Not likely do ANYTHING to help you lower your insurance rates with such unCamery-like driving.sad smiley
I've attached in the link another thread on what GM was don't with their Onstar product which got them into hot water;
[www.msn.com]

Two people filed lawsuits over their insurance rates going way up with no claims, after learning about the Onstar link to insurers.

IIRC, the C8 Corvette has the Onstar as standard equipment.
I'd like to think that they wouldn't share driving data on their C8 customers that have just spent $70K+ on their new world class sports car which is billed as a high performance vehicle just to make a few more bucks on this car, but it wouldn't surprise me.
If I were in the market for a Vette, I'd be shopping for a used one. Newest I'd consider would be a C7.
Is it to protect the vehicle owners' privacy, or to enable authorities to track vehicles, or what?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login