Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I've gotten as far as seeing the special O2 sockets, and interestingly, a video where a 22mm crow's foot is used on a pivoting, but non ratcheting handle.
Here's the crow's foot video. The pertinent part is from about 2:25 to 5:30.
[www.youtube.com]
I think he says the normal O2 socket can be too bulky.
Anyone? Pedro?
Thanks.
Btw, I discovered the loose sensor while removing a malfunctioning #5 coil, which, suspiciously is just above the sensor, After the car cooled down, I pulled into my garage, and the engine behaved as if nothing went wrong. The sensor wire seems to exert a bit of ccw torque. I managed to barely get pliers on the body of the sensor (no, I didn't, couldn't if I wanted to, crush it smiling smiley ) but it's only snug, not much more than finger tight.
that bolt in the first place has in his tool box - & he should fix his mistake. Or can you fix responsibility?

The crow's foot must be due to the location of the sensor; otherwise a normal ratcheting socket or even a box/open end should work.

The handle looks familiar, but I can't place it. Anyone?

Wish I could help, Laz. Good luck.
Thank you Laz. Will that work for all 4 sensors?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2024 08:27PM by Blackbird. (view changes)
Certainly the driver's side post cat, with the caveat that I didn't try it. I imagine the passenger side sensors are offset rearward (correction welcome) because of the staggered cylinder banks, perhaps making especially the pre more accessible.
By the way, the #4 coil seems out of the reach of mere mortals.
just when i thought i had a pretty comprehensive set of tools… confused smiley
[www.amazon.com]

I figured its offset would allow it to seat better on the O2 sensor's hex, as it's in a depression. My 3 / 8 socket drive universal doesn't go a full 90º (do any?) so if necessary, I was going to get a "wobbler" drinking smiley extension to make the last few degrees, thus allowing the crow's foot to sit properly on the O2 hex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login