Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Las Vegas Porsche Club drive to Death Valleyhot smiley
jwdbox - Sunday, 3 April, 2011, at 11:31:38 pm
Our Las Vegas Porsche club organized a small group of enthusiasts for a drive out to Death Valley today. The weather was beautiful, starting in the 60s and rising to the upper 80s low 90s when we got to Death Valley. Several Mini Coopers, Ferraris, a Corvette, and some other cars joined in. Here are a few shots:
The staging

into the desert

Death Valley

Well below sea level on the valley floor

beginning to bloom

one of the nice curvey roads

Parked for brunch at the inn

ending with a spectacular sunset on return home

SilverBox averaged 25 mpg over the 325 mile run, with a fair amount of very spirited driving along the way. cool smiley
Looked like a terrific time was had by all. LOVE all that sunshine and heat in the pictures. (holding my hands up to the screen to warm them up. cool smiley )

What a great shot at the end. A spectacular end to a drive in a Boxster. hot smiley

OK, so I was going to say I was a little bit jealous. Not true. I LOT jealous is closer to the truth. smiling bouncing smiley
Guenter in Ontario
Looked like a terrific time was had by all. LOVE all that sunshine and heat in the pictures. (holding my hands up to the screen to warm them up. cool smiley )

What a great shot at the end. A spectacular end to a drive in a Boxster. hot smiley

OK, so I was going to say I was a little bit jealous. Not true. I LOT jealous is closer to the truth. smiling bouncing smiley

Thanks Guenter! I would have liked to take some action shots of the drive but I was sans co-pilot for this trip. And winking smiley I thought it was a bit far to ask you to come just after Florida cool smiley
jwdbox

Thanks Guenter! I would have liked to take some action shots of the drive but I was sans co-pilot for this trip. And winking smiley I thought it was a bit far to ask you to come just after Florida cool smiley

Hey, if only I'd known. ....lets see Atlanta, to LV to Ontario. For a Boxster drive into Death Valley, it would have been worth the detour. winking smiley It just would have taken a slightly heavier right foot. grinning smiley
Red Sky In The Morning, Sailor Take Warning...........
whall - Monday, 4 April, 2011, at 12:22:44 pm
Red Sky At Night, Sailor's Delight.

Must not forget: Port is left and Starboard is right.

Beat Army,

Bill
Give it up, swabbie cool smiley

This from a Navy friend stationed in Japan...
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 4 April, 2011, at 2:56:44 pm
I wanted to send you a quick hello and give you the latest update on the Japan (multiple disasters) saga.

Lots of unknowns right now and everything is in limbo. The Japan government doesn't seem to be making any real progress with the reactor mess as far as I can tell. They on are slow boil mode and I'm just hoping that it does not get worse.

Because of the ongoing Humanitarian effort the Navy is assisting with, all fighter aircraft and support personnel had to evacuate our base in Japan to make ramp space for transports, helo's and relief supplies. The entire airwing and all it's support personnel basically completed a no-notice homeport change in allitle over a week. On the bright side, I can never talk bad about the Air Force again. The AF dudes at Andersen AFB in Guam are phenomenal! I couldn't have asked for better support or more gracious hosts.

Most of my Sailors are taking this in stride...Although plenty of them are worried about families (all back in the states now, thank goodnes) and if they'll ever see their stuff again. All things considered moral is pretty high. The young men and woman that serve our country really are an amazing group of folks.

Since we are the "911" Airwing we've already resumed normal training flights here at Andersen AFB Guam. The flying here is a HOOT!. When not flying, I'm constantly bombarded with issues and questions stemming from the fallout of the Japan earthquake disaster (pun intended). Hopefully this all gets resolved so my displaced Officers and Sailors can reunite with their families soon.

That's it for now. Hope everyone in the US is enjoying the spring time weather.

thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login