Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Check Engine Light
LouisE - Tuesday, 5 April, 2011, at 12:39:49 pm
Hey

I have been out of the flow recently and have lost all my saved sites re the Boxster. A friend has a Cayman (06 or 07 I believe) and is having trouble with his CEL staying on. can anyone direct me to sites discussing why a CEL might stay on. Thank you.

Louis
01 S Seal Grey
Tell him to go to his local auto parts store
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 5 April, 2011, at 1:06:40 pm
They will read the code for free. Post the code here and we will tell you the best way to proceed.
Boxsterra is saying that
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 5 April, 2011, at 3:18:13 pm
because there are hundreds of "codes" that the ECU uses to trigger a CEL when what is measured is compared to what the value should be and the measured value is out of range. Generally Porsche diagnostic books contain a few word explanation of the code and a list of the possible conditions which can trigger that code. As well as a flow chart explaining the diagnostic steps.

So the first step in diagnosing a CEL is to understand the exact code (or codes) that lie behind the display. The good news is the CEL on solid is not the most serious kind, the kind where you stop the engine and have the car immediately flatbeded to the mechanic. But even a solid-on CEL is not to be ignored until its seriousness is thoroughly understood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login