Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Flickering Xenons
Laz - Tuesday, 12 April, 2011, at 12:24:46 am
Earlier tonight a friend started up his Boxster and when he turned on the Xenons, there was a bit of a delay and then only intermittent flickering sort of alternating between the two units, like a stroboscopic semaphore. I believe I've seen here that quite often the ignition switch is suspect, but with a couple subsequent light switch rotations the phenomenon stopped. Earlier in the evening the top was down when a brief rain shower occurred. Could excessive moisture in the interior possibly have caused the problem, or is it an early indicator of something that will get worse?
Re: Flickering Xenons
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Wednesday, 13 April, 2011, at 12:26:45 pm
When my driver's side xenon failed, it would flicker when turned on, then immediately go dark. I considered the switch, but since the passenger side worked fine I opted to replace the driver's side bulb and that did the trick. Since you are having problems with both, the light switch sounds suspect. (the light switch is a LOT more that the ignition switch unfortunately) sad smiley
I had thought the ignition switch was more expensive, but now I realize it might instead be more labor intensive. With more use after a long winter, it's working better as of now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 02:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login