Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Mike Focke are you OK?..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Monday, 18 April, 2011, at 11:45:33 am
I just heard about the recent tornadoes in North Carolina on the Weather Channel this morning. They mentioned Sanford. Hope you and your wife are all right.

Regards,

-rick
Re: Mike Focke are you OK?..
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 18 April, 2011, at 1:47:27 pm
Heard about it on the Weather Network today also.

Hope all our members are OK.
Thanks for your concern
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 18 April, 2011, at 2:07:29 pm
and to others who emailed me.

I was watching the rain which was intense for about 10 minutes and suddenly saw it shift and go horizontal. Then 2 minutes later clear blue sky and sun.

The largest tornado touched down about 8 miles north of our house. Our development had little but ripped leaves strewn all over and a loss of power for 24 hours. When you go up the main drag into town you see the capricious nature of the storms and how they skip around. Imagine the Lowe's home improvement store leveled but the garden shop attached off to the side untouched and plants in pots hanging from racks out front in the direction the storm came from just as they were before the storm. I was on site at the worst (or at least most publicized) damage about 20 minutes after it happened. The carnage in the parking lots probably totaled 200 cars. Heard from a guy I parked next to that he saw the tornado coming and backed up to get clear of it, escaping but running into someone behind them who was oblivious to it all. The guy that was backed into told the one who did the backing "you saved my life, I was just about to pull into that parking lot". Only one life lost in Sanford according to what we know now.
Good to see you're ok, mikefocke. *NM*
Laz - Monday, 18 April, 2011, at 7:18:58 pm
Glad you're OK Mike. Tornadoes are terrifying. *NM*
Red_Lightnin! - Tuesday, 19 April, 2011, at 11:29:13 am
1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 11:29AM by Red_Lightnin!. (view changes)
Re: Thanks for your concern
Tony in Whittier - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 2:42:39 pm
I have a friend who lives in Cary. I checked in on her and her family when I heard about the storms.

She described similar weather conditions as you. She was downtown a few hours at a local canine walk before the tornado hit. She came back later and saw that large oak trees had been uprooted and many of setups (tents, booths) were thrown blocks away. Fortunately, the event was over and no one from that was hurt.

Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login