Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Our kids and our cars
Bobtesa - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 7:48:47 am
986rgt's baby annoucement reminded me of a story about my box and daughter (rgt - congratulations!!!)

rgt's thread hints at our kids interest in our cars. when I got my first boxster in Dec 1998, my daughter just flipped. She LOVES the car, but only gets around to driving it occasionally. I got a 2008 two years ago. Last fall I was at her house, she needed to run a few errands, and asked if she could drive it (while I watched my new grandson, two months old at the time, and a future Boxster driver I'm sure). She came back and told me that leaving one store a guy in a truck parked near her (she knows to park it in left field) commented about the nice car. She thought about just saying "thanks", but she demured and said, "Thanks, it's my father's car." She is happy she did as she had trouble remembering how to get it in reverse and felt very silly. Said she really would have felt dumb if she had not said it was Daddy's car. She got a good laugh at the situation.

I'll be 78 when Calvin is 16. I hope I still have a Boxster for him to drive. Hmm, maybe I'll put it in my will for him.

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Thanks everyone for the congrats and warm wishes
986rgt - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 9:05:45 pm
Our new daughter Lily is doing great, so is her momma and the rest of the family. I sure hope she gets as big of a kick out of the car as my son Noah (3 next month) does. I guess I will either have to put up with arguing over who gets to ride in daddy's Porsche, or expand and get me a 911 or panamera!
my son Noah enjoying a ride...

Future passenger...

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login