Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Maintenance Recommendations
Bob D - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 9:52:37 am
I have a 2008 Cayman S purchased in January 2009 which had 900 miles on it. My in service date is January 2009 as vehicle was never titled (General Manager's vehicle). I have 12,000 miles on it and question what service I should have done. I have been changing the oil and filter every 6 - 9 months accumulating about 3,000 miles at each change. I will change the oil and filter (have 4,000 miles since last change), and brake fluid. Car is running great and most of mileage is highway - no problems. My thought is to have the Dealer perform the service designated - "first minor maintenance at 12,000 miles". Any input is appreciated - Bob.
Re: Maintenance Recommendations
r9i8c7k - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 1:27:27 pm
You have the "first minor maintenance at 12,000 miles" covered by changing the oil, oil filter and brake fluid. The remaining items are visual inspections such as; tire inspection, undercarriage inspection, headlight inspection & etc.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 2:12:47 pm
Your first aim should be to maintain the warranty so I'd ask the service manager to stamp the book that the 12k was done since he is doing the brake and oil change. A good inspection takes about the time the oil takes to drain.
Red_Lightnin! - Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, at 5:56:49 pm
Bob, you're right on track and Mike's idea is a good one. The only other thing I would suggest is that if there is anything on the car that you think feels wrong, have them look at it since it is still under warranty. Otherwise, there really aren't a lot of "issues" with the 987 Caymans that you need to be worried about at 12,000 miles.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login