Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
FIREFOX 4 - sucks --- NBC - JUST VENTING
JM-Stamford,CT - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 12:20:00 pm
It is creating conflicts all over the place. Does anyone know how to backdate to version 3.X or whatever?
Directly from Mozilla's site:
Laz - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 12:25:44 pm
what conflicts?
frogster - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 12:56:37 pm
i'm using it on mac and it's working perfectly. what problems are you having?

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Re: what conflicts?
JM-Stamford,CT - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 2:15:34 pm
1) pro con latte doesn't work -- so I lost parental controls -- that is supposed to be fixed shortly.

2) Cannot print from WESTLAW - kind of a mandatory thing in my line of work.

3) cannot display federal documents on PACER - also a mandatory thing.

4) Conlficts with acrobat reader X.

5) you lose the (or at least some) ability to "keep me signed in" so I have to retype passwords to each site - although they are suggested - so I have an extra page at each site.
Re: what conflicts?
frogster - Friday, 22 April, 2011, at 8:34:47 pm
ah, all very specific issues with stuff i'm not familiar with. sorry i can't help.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Printing has always been funky in Firefox
grant - Friday, 22 April, 2011, at 9:19:30 pm
I frequently get 1 page then nothing. Or one line, a blank page, and then the rest. Safari is mroe compatible. I like many user features in FF though.

Grant
Overall i like it. Some things in how the various icons are arranged i don't like as well, but i presume that's familiarity.

I am having zero problems.

You might have something corrupted

Grant
Re: FIREFOX 4
jwdbox - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 2:26:59 pm
I am using it with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and have had no problems. Suggest you check your 'preferences' settings. Mine is set up to allow passwords for various sites (such as this board) to be automatically saved and log on without re-entering. No issues with printing. Not had any problems with Acrobat but I use PDF Converter Pro 6. Good luck cool smiley
Re: FIREFOX 4 - sucks --- NBC - JUST VENTING
Kermit In Cleveland - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 3:20:31 pm
I've only put it on one machine and I'm tempted to go back. Had lots of issues with pages not rendering. Emails from Golf Galaxy crash the browser when previewed in Yahoo! mail. Have had multiple other crashes. Haven't noticed a problem with printing or Acrobat though.
Re: FIREFOX 4 - sucks --- NBC - JUST VENTING
carlos in Montreal - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 6:56:42 pm
Just for you to know that not all sites support the small differences between Explorer and Firefox and therefor the results in viewing and print can differ between IE and Firefox.

I'm currently using version 3.6.16 and it's fast with no problems.
And I'm online hours a day to perhaps 40 sites with who knows how many links followed, downloads performed, etc. in a month or so.
My home computer it worked fine. On hers, all hell broke loose for no apparent reason. Go to Mozilla and look for reinstall instructions. It worked, all is well.
Simple answer -
grant - Thursday, 21 April, 2011, at 8:30:55 pm
I think you can install multiple copies in windows. Make sure none are running when you begin the installation. Then, simply use the shortcut for the version (3.x) that you want. Windows installs, with some variation for versions, to c:/program files/application name.

For firefox, the user settings (cookies, bookmarks, etc.) are within a folder that is a user folder. Go looking for one with your name or some other handle. One way to find it is to look for a bookmarks,html file that was changed very very recently ( like the last time you added one).

if you need more specificity, email me and I'll dig on my windoze machine.

Grant
lets befuddle the harvesting engines dum dee dum &&&&&&&&&& glenahan *at* vfemail *dot* net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login