Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Well, another one over to the dark side.
Alberta Alex - Friday, 22 April, 2011, at 7:28:14 pm
With an interesting confluence of circumstances, i.e. time for another car, exchange rate between US and Canadian dollar, being retired, turning 65 this year, I reckoned it was time to shop for a car in the USA. To make a long story short, after 4 months of looking, (Abe are you listening?) I jumped in with both feet and bought a 2008 911 Turbo cab, 6-speed, with 16,000 miles on it. It is heavily optioned, cobalt blue with sand beige/black full leather interior. My wife and I are flying to Bellevue, WA on Sunday to pick it up and drive it home to Edmonton, AB, around 1000 miles for the trip. Since it has summer tires on it, I'm hoping that we don't hit any snow storms going through the mountains.

I'll have pictures to post when I get back.

Wish me luck.
Alex
congrats! where are you bringing it back into canada?
frogster - Friday, 22 April, 2011, at 8:33:02 pm
do you have to take it over the border into alberta directly? or can you go through BC? just curious.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
I bought the car about 10 days ago. I'm now starting to get very excited.
Alex
Congratulations on two counts
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 22 April, 2011, at 10:45:36 pm
What a great way to start your retirement. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be looking forward to the photos.
we get back from Hawaii. Retirement can be tough sometimes. the finger smiley
Alex
Re: Well, another one over to the dark side.
db997S - Monday, 25 April, 2011, at 8:34:31 am
Congrats. There was an article in last week's Toronto Star indicating that boarder sales/registrations are down 10%. They couldn't figure out why because the theory is they should be up (see your experience). They had a retired guy who saved $16,000 (CND?) on a used 911 (think it was also a 2008) he purchased in Buffalo, NY. He said it was real easy. The dealer had all the paper work done in advance.

I wouldn't deem going within the Porsche family as the darkside. I always look upon going to BMW as going dark. As Dexter would say, "feeding my Dark Passenger."
Summer tires
tom coughlin - Monday, 25 April, 2011, at 9:43:49 am
Even if if it doesn't snow, watch out. When the temp is below 45-40 degrees you lose grip, so be careful. Not only can the back kick out on you the real problem is the increased braking distance needed.
I used to drive my summer tire car is Boston winters on dry days and ended up scaring the crap out of myself on the interstate on-ramps while accelerating. We did have a board member report a summer tire accident in winter due to increased braking distance. So, watch out and enjoy the trip. Remember what my friend's wife reported when her husband retired. She told how they had planned for this new venture but the reality finally hit her when she realized that it meant twice as much husband and half as much money!
Which Bellevue Dealer?
garyinseattle - Monday, 25 April, 2011, at 1:10:26 pm
ALex, I live in Bellevue, which dealer did you buy from? I assume it is Park Place or Barrier. don't recall seeing the cobalt blue in inventory.
Congrats......
por911(bc) - Friday, 29 April, 2011, at 7:24:51 pm
You might watch your speed coming up, the cops are especially bad in through Bellingham/Ferndale. If your wanting winter, or a more colder climate minded tire, you might check out True-Line in Bellevue. Best of luck with the new ride, many happy and safe miles to you.
regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login