Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
LV Cars & Coffee smiling bouncing smiley
jwdbox - Saturday, 23 April, 2011, at 1:27:46 pm
The weather was beautiful this morning for the weekly Las Vegas Cars & Coffee turnout. Mid-seventies and sunny. There was (as always) something for nearly everyone's taste. Here is a sampling:

A new Lexus LFA parked in front of SilverBox:

A friend's gorgeous Gullwing:

Another friends Tesla:

Hope you enjoy! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 01:38PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
VERY nice ....and I'm not even jealous. cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 23 April, 2011, at 8:16:59 pm
Hard to believe but we had LV weather here today. We hit 73 F and sunshine!!! hot smiley

The Lexus has nice lines from the side. Not crazy about the back. Looks kind of kitcarish.

Love the MB Gullwing. It's a classic beauty.

That 68/69 Corvette looks great. To me that's the best looking model they ever made. After that they just seemed to get bigger and bigger.

Thanks for posting.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: VERY nice ....and I'm not even jealous. cool smiley
jwdbox - Saturday, 23 April, 2011, at 8:37:50 pm
My pleasure grinning smiley Glad you had nice weather to enjoy CURVEN8R cool smiley
Yes. I passed on a Gullwing for $8500 once and purchased a 220S instead as my next rebuilt project. Oh well, at the time it seemed to make sense cool smiley
He questioned my sanity and said no.
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda
whall - Monday, 25 April, 2011, at 12:45:04 pm
I remember seeing a Ferrari 250 GTO for sale in the back of a Road and Track magazine (late 60's-early 70's). The seller was asking $10,000! In 1968, I paid $4,500 for a 1967 Jaguar XK-E.

Likewise, I remember seeing stock P-51 Mustangs for sale in Trade-Plane (again late 60's-early 70's) where the asking prices were (again) $10,000. In 1972, I paid $5500 for a 1948 Temco-built Globe Swift.

Now, I wish I hadn't sold either the "E" or the Swift. I wonder how the GTO would have been as my daily driver.....as the XK-E was.

I also wonder what neat things, of today, our kids will look back on tomorrow ruing the fact they didn't have the foresight and/or money to buy now....or regret having sold too soon.

Bill
That turned out to be a good decision. Lamborghini does not support these classic cars and parts are impossible to find. I saw a beautiful red one in my friend's shop. It had been sitting there for months as my friend scoured the world for clutch parts. After about 50 hours of research he found some partial parts in Portugal. He gave up and finally told the owner to come pick it up. You almost need to make your own parts for these cars. World's first true super car. Mid engine design with a V-12 transversely mounted motor arrangement. Also had some cool cross bracing in the motor compartment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login