Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Also this (long) weekend
EdSac - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 1:13:19 am
We went down to Central California on portions of the PCH, 1, and 101 around San Luis Obispo and Ventura. Our main objective was to see some wildflowers. But it looks like the EXTENDED periods of rain we had here, up to 200% of normal, flummoxed the flowers. My best guess is that they're mostly just late. Anyhow, the weather was nice for top down driving, up to 80F, and the trees and grass were both green. Some flowers around. A good time to be out and about. We stayed for two of the four nights in Edna Valley, the wine-growing region 10 miles inland from SLO.

Several Boxsters and other exotic types were also out.

[i114.photobucket.com]

The B&B we had to ourselves.

[i114.photobucket.com]

Mustard was the most common wildflower, but it's usually out a month earlier, leading me to suspect the mild spring is holding things up.

[i114.photobucket.com]

A few California poppies were around. Also sparse.

[i114.photobucket.com]

Still many open roads in Central California.

[i114.photobucket.com]

A small patch of small lupines. The big bush lupines hadn't bloomed yet.

[i114.photobucket.com]
Re: Also this (long) weekend
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 7:50:39 am
Isn't it great to be out enjoying green grass and trees? Looks like the vinyards out your way are well ahead of the ones in the Niagara region.

Nice to see that sunshine. We got about one and a half days of it and now back to rain.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 4:14:17 pm
Last weekend was beautiful, you went South, we went North to the Hopland Wine Passport event. Great Mendocino wines and perfect weather. We picked up a case a Jaxon Keys Chardonnay for $50 on special. We also picked up a case of McNab Ridge ’09 Cora that fell victim to a bottling error; the front and rear labels both appeared on the front, so it couldn’t be sold retail. My buddy and I picked up the last two cases for $48 each!!

We finished up with dinner at Francis Ford Coppola's Rustic.

Do you know how hard it is
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 5:23:15 pm
to see all those leaves and be driving here. Hit a high of 40 degrees today ....sigh. eye rolling smiley

Aside from driving my car more, is ther anything I can do to get this global warming thing going?????????????? confused smiley
Charlie (Sacramento CA) - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 9:59:51 pm
Hi Ed, nice to see you are enjoying the spring weather. This is my first post on this board, good to "back" to Pedros new home.
Charlie
EdSac - Thursday, 5 May, 2011, at 12:05:34 pm
What are you driving these days?
Re: Charlie
Charlie (Sacramento CA) - Saturday, 7 May, 2011, at 10:27:05 pm
I'm still enjoying my SY 04S, just a baby still with 52K miles. Your Infiniti looks like a great road trip car.
Hi Charlie...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 5 May, 2011, at 12:21:05 pm
... welcome "back" winking smiley
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Hi Charlie...
Charlie (Sacramento CA) - Saturday, 7 May, 2011, at 10:27:40 pm
Thanks for giving us a cool new place, Pedro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login