Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
need help on 07 987s window jog problem
al986 - Sunday, 8 May, 2011, at 3:02:06 am
i have a 07 987s tip w/pasm, psm and sport chrono with 19k miles.

i recently got the car out of a standard oil/filter/brake service when i noticed this problem:

Opening the top will have the windows drop by their pre defined inch or two as the sequence commences

When the top reaches the open position, the passenger window will go back up, but the driver's window gets confused and go down instead of up.

this happens consistently and will take place whether you are opening the top or closing it.

not sure how this could have happened but would appreciate any insights you may have.

regards,
andrew.
Try...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 8 May, 2011, at 9:17:48 am
... reseting the limits.
Lower the window and when it stops, click the down button once more.
Raise the window and when it stops, click the up button again.
This should reset the memory.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
have tried to no avail...
al986 - Wednesday, 18 May, 2011, at 2:05:49 am
should i try disconnecting the battery that could possibly reset a control box of sorts?
the battery may have been briefly disconnected though at the dealership I frequent I watch the techs work on cars and they hook up a portable 12V power source to supply some power to the car before disconnecting the battery but this step when you had your car in for service might have had a hiccup in it.

As a result the window control system may need more than a window limit reset which is what Pedro suggested.

You could try this: Following the proper instructions disconnect the battery. Before doing so be sure all accessories are off and the key is off and removed from the ignition switch. Disconnect the battery then press on the brake pedal for a bit.

Reconnect the battery.

Afterwards, you'll have to perform the window limit switch reset that Pedro described.

Also, you'll have to turn the key to the on position and give the e-Gas system 60 seconds to recalibrate, then turn off the key for 10 seconds, then start the engine. Do not touch the gas pedal at all until after the 60 second then 10 second phase of the e-Gas recalibration process. Once you have started the engine you can then touch the gas pedal.

If the symptoms are gone, result! If not dealer time.

(It just occurred to me: Did the place that performed teh service wash the car? If so you might check for dampness in the cabin the carpets on the floor, under the seats, along the bottoms of the doors. The water drains can be blocked and water from the wash/rinse may have overflowed into the cabin.)

Sincerely,

MarcW.
much appreciated all. will try it out!
Still under warranty?
Bobtesa - Wednesday, 18 May, 2011, at 8:25:23 am
If the simple reset steps that Pedro suggested didn't work, then rather than getting too involved, take it to a dealer. Depending on when you bought the car in 07, you are either under warranty or just barely past the 4 years and they might give you some grace on fixing the problem (especially if you bought it from them).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login