Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
No Boxster problems for at least a year - guaranteed!
Roger987 - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 2:34:19 pm
On the eve (not quite literally, but almost) of my departure on a 4 week road trip (incl. BRBS), I've signed up for CAA "Premiere' level. Includes 320 km flatbed, a trunkload of maps (I have NAV, but like the 'big picture' maps offer), a bonus 1 GB flashdrive and some other stuff, including 50's-style calendar with pin-up girls. Ok, joking about the pin-up girl calendar, but one can always dream.

Anyway... I've never had a flat,or an engine breakdown on the road, and the purchase of the CAA coverage pretty much guarantees the Boxster will perform like a champ. Going south as far as Atlanta where I'll meet my navigator (at the airport) and then meander up to NC for the big event.

BTW, retrieved my car from storage on Sunday and drove her home. Started and ran flawleessly. I'd forgotten how terrific she sounds, even at idle. Quite 'righteous', as we used to say as kids.

Once home, I checked my trunk release buttons to see if the trunks can be opened when the car has been electronically locked. The answer is..... no, they can't, even if the perp were to cut through the roof, and open the doors using the inside door handle (which, incidentally, causes the lights to flash, the horn to blow and people to walk by pretending nothing bad's happening). Well done, Porsche!

With the ever-rising price of gas, I decided to remove all non-essential parts of the car, to reduce weight and increase fuel economy. It may be a bit drafty, but hey, it's a convertible. grinning smiley

Re: No Boxster problems for at least a year - guaranteed!
jwdbox - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 3:29:50 pm
Roger, your increased saving from weight reduction are probably going to be off-set by the decrease in aerodynamicswinking smileywinking smiley
gotta admit, this is one beauty that looks best with her new clothes on. winking smiley

Looking forward to meeting you in LS.
how could you let your baby sit there naked - at least put a cover on winking smiley
Have fun on your trip - CAA is good but hopefully you don't need it.
happy boxstering
Porsche Rally
richard986pei - Thursday, 12 May, 2011, at 9:53:40 am
You will miss the Porsche rally in Halifax this year again. It is scheduled for June 5th. But I'm sure you will have a hell of a time south of the border.
cheers
Sounds like a good idea!

Is it possible to get the same type of coverage from AAA?

Regards, Maurice.
MauriceonLongIsland
Sounds like a good idea!

Is it possible to get the same type of coverage from AAA?

Regards, Maurice.

I believe that CAA and AAA give similar type of coverage. Personally, I think it's absolutely worth it. I find it handy to get any maps I need for free as a member. Then there's the discount at almost all hotel chains (usually 10 - 15%) and admission at some attactions as well. I find that I save more money with my CAA discounts than what the membership costs.
That's some dune buggy you've got there! *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 10:17:54 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login