Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Does your Boxster need diapers ??
Augiepop - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 3:47:06 am
As many of you know, a convertible may leak for various reasons. Using rags or towels to soak up the water can be a pain in the butt. After doing this twice, I came upon an idea. I was shopping in a store when I came across the section containing adult diapers. After buying a package of large diapers ( YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK OF THE CASHIER !!) I took some diapers and placed them on my wet areas (the car's not mine !) It worked great ! It soaked up all the water and took all the water when it rained. All I had to do was take out the "loaded" diapers. I got a big laugh from my mechanics when I came in for a service and forgot them, but after their tears dried, they thought it was a good idea. Try it out, just don't let your neighbors see you !!
...the RMS could have used one though.
The RMS might need
Laz - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 10:22:08 am
something much smaller that's also designed to absorb a particular bodily fluid.
What year and just where is it getting wet?
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 9:11:25 am
Have you checked the drains to make sure their not clogged with leaves or other debris?
Re: What year and just where is it getting wet?
Augiepop - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 4:00:02 pm
Are you talking about the drains the brains in the door ? No, I was talking about leaks from the rear convertible window. But how do you fix the leaks in the doors ?
There are four of them in the back, With the top (and clamshell) partly open, on each side there is a drain near the bottom of the plastic liner. There is another one right near the end of the channel close to the door frame (near the tip of the clamshell). If these get clogged, you'll get water into the interior during a heavy rain.

There are also two drains at the front. One on either side of the battery. Again, make sure you keep these clear of debris.
Rear window replacement is OVERDUE!
tom coughlin - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 4:34:08 pm
Go to a boat upholstery shop, have them install a new window and stop the leaks.
Re: Rear window replacement is OVERDUE!
Augiepop - Saturday, 14 May, 2011, at 4:54:06 pm
This is only a stop gap measure if you can't replace your window right away.
That is a very clever idea
Red_Lightnin! - Monday, 16 May, 2011, at 2:44:37 pm
And in terms of drains, Guenter is referring to the exterior drains.

There are also drains in the doors as well that can flood water into the car, but part of the challenge with these drains is that they just aren't big enough - they are designed to drain the water that gathers in the door from the window seals onto the outer rocker panel/door sill but I have found that when the car is parked during one of the torrential downpours that we seem to get lately, that the water accumulation just overwhelms the flow rate for these drains.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Re: Does your Boxster need diapers ??
Dwass - Monday, 16 May, 2011, at 10:55:54 pm
I'm confused where you put them... I have had interior water issues with my car, much worse in the past.

Over the winter, I used 2 large tubs of DampRid to keep the moisture down. I don't notice puddles or collecting in any particular area. In the past, I used to get water under the driver's seat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login