Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
'07 Boxster S- oil change
jamsit - Tuesday, 17 May, 2011, at 4:39:19 pm
... '07 Boxster S Oil change... realize this is 'simple' for most of y'all, but it's my first hands-on ..... any 'step-by-step' instructions?? tx
Yes, on Pedrosgarage.com!
grant - Tuesday, 17 May, 2011, at 5:20:53 pm
But its really, really easy.

1. raise car safely - i drive up shallow ramps with rear tires
2. do it warm so oil drains, but not hot enough to scald you
3. drain oil oil by removing drain plug - 8mm allen mostly centered in aluminum sump (center, rear)
4. remove oil filter, nearby, hanging down upside down, with your favorite filter wrench. I use a strap wrench
5. Filter is replacement element in re-usable plastic cartridge. Don't crack it
6. replace 3 and 4. plug about 25 lb-ft ( or good and snug, but not real tight) filter very hand tight
7. refill. Oil is a subject of religious debate. Use a Porsche approved oil unless you know better. Lots are.
8. Since you don't have a dipstick, try to fill exactly. measure. I think it takes 8.75 qts, but check you manual. Put in less. then get car level and measure. proper fill, IMO is one hash mark below the upper line. Note upper line is not top of readout. When the car is up on the ramps uit is not level and wont read exactly right

This car is very easy to change oil on. Much easier than my other cars.

Grant
Get and use new crush ring.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 18 May, 2011, at 7:32:20 am
filter and rubber o ring.

Clean drain plug.

Make sure your catch basin can handle 10 quarts.
Re: '07 Boxster S- oil change
Alcantera - Thursday, 19 May, 2011, at 9:17:16 am
It only takes a few more minutes to remove the pan while you have the car up on the hoist, its adds a little more security as you will get an early indicator of any future problems. ie slipper wear, breaking chains. I would also cut open the oil filter and check it. I don't think you would find anything to worry about with a 2007 . We are getting calls for replacement motors in cars that young. Our local indy.has started to do this and has found a few motors with veracam slippers that were bad. This little extra step only costs you a little bit of sealant. A little warning though if your the type of Person that would not sleep if they found if you find a small piece of junk in the oil don't do this. I am sure almost every motor has some junk in the sump so to speak! this is why we have filters and screens.
absolutely nothing. Just dirty (really ugly actually) oil. After only 5,000 miles (but 5 track days thrown in) and 7 months.

Grant
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login