Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Advice needed for weird turn signal problem...
2001saxsterS - Tuesday, 17 May, 2011, at 11:52:02 pm
So my car just developed the oddest problem. It has to do with the turn signals, but not the lights. It's the turn signal lever on the steering wheel. If I press it down to indicate a left turn it stays down and the signal stays on once the turn has been made and the wheels straightened out again. I have to manually switch it off. For a right turn I have just the opposite problem. When I push the lever up it won't stay in position. It snaps back down to the neutral "off" position so in order to keep the flasher on I have to hold it up. Any thoughts about what could be causing this? Is it a relatively easy fix, or something that needs to go to the garage?
You'll need a new stalk assembly, there is a tiny plastic rachet inside that has broken. The part is about $200 I think, and labor should be about an hour.

As a point of trivia, this assembly has a "993" part number...it's an old piece of crap from the parts bin.
Re: Advice needed for weird turn signal problem...
2001saxsterS - Thursday, 19 May, 2011, at 1:37:48 pm
So I take it this isn't an easy DIY job?
Re: Advice needed for weird turn signal problem...
CarreraLicious - Thursday, 19 May, 2011, at 7:29:42 pm
Happened on my 01 too. You have to get a whole new stalk assembly (about $200), and remove the steering wheel to replace it. Dealer will charge you about $300 for the whole job including parts. Ask me how I know. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login