Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
More info on Boxster E
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 24 May, 2011, at 8:52:11 am
Well, it does sound interesting. I think there will certainly be a market for this type of vehicle.

[www.porsche.com]

You sure can't argue with the performance in term of acceleration. Fastest Boxster to 60 mph, that's for sure.

No tachometer. It's always been the dominant instrument in a Porsche cluster. Quite a paradigm shift for a Porschefile

No mention is made of driving range. That seems to be a big draw back for those of us who like to take road trips. With most electrics giving a 100 - 200 mile range and substantial recharge time, that will be a challenge for the battery engineers. Anybody know the cost of an 800 mile extension cord? Would it get tangled in the trees along 226A?

Good to see they've thought of a "sound track" I can see the aftermarket "tuners" already. "Only $XXX to make your Boxster sound like a Carrera GT."

No shifter and clutch.sad smiley I know there's no need for it in a electric. Another drving skill that's biting the dust.
Re: More info on Boxster E
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 24 May, 2011, at 9:19:28 am
Re: More info on Boxster E
db997S - Tuesday, 24 May, 2011, at 9:28:21 am
Actually, they do state max range is estimated to be 107 miles or 170 km. So, a great everyday car, but keep the fossil fule version for those road trips.
And they don't say what the range is
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 24 May, 2011, at 12:39:02 pm
with the a/c on, nor at 20F degrees...both of which are lots less than the stated 107 miles.
a bicycle without handlbars.

At least you still get to steer, push the gas pedal and text.
Re: range
jwdbox - Tuesday, 24 May, 2011, at 7:17:09 pm
Not really an issue since you only have limited storage cool smiley
Re: range
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 24 May, 2011, at 11:32:06 pm
jwdbox
Not really an issue since you only have limited storage cool smiley

But you couldn't even go on a Fun Run and I never pack anything for those. smiling smiley

I just don't see how electric cars can be useful, except for short trips like shopping at the local mall or commuting to work as long as your work is less than 30 - 40 miles away.

....sigh . I think I have to go out and conduct the Symphony in Flat Six. smiling smiley
this 2 seater electric.

-I've replaced all 4 tires and wheels on it....
-spot welded a couple weak spots where the body sits on the frame.
-added a bunch of torque by increasing the voltage by 50%, now need to tame the wheel spin..... - nah, that makes it more fun.
- has a great following, from DIY owners, wrenchers, even has a few forums on modifying repairing, swapping gearboxes etc... (modifiedpowerwheels.com)
- from another owner getting to large for the vehicle, I've got 2 extra spare gear boxes, and 8 spare wheels.
I agree. It's another great application for electrics.

Just not sure it would get me to BRBS. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login