Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
and it was a really good event. Let me start off by saying I am not affiliated with Michelin any way. It was a half day event that had three activities, a braking event, an autocross, and a track event. They had two sets of cars at each event. 1 car with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and the other with the competitors. They used the BMW 328's for the autocross and braking events and Lexus IS's for the track event. They used the Continental ExtremeContact DM, and the Pirelli Pzero Nero. The Contis were used in the autocross and the braking(?) event and Pirelli's were used in the track event. We broke into 3 groups and rotated to one of the other events after you were done. My group did the autocross first and I thought it was interesting that we drove the car equipped with Michelin tires first. I thought that it might be unfair to Michelin since I would know the track better after I got into the other car, but it didn't matter. Once I got into the car equipped with the Conti's I could tell a big difference in the first turn. I know I am going to sound like a salesman now but wow, it was a big difference. The Conti's were squirrely and my steering inputs seemed a little delayed compared to the Michelin's. This was obviously a Michelin event so they would pick events that showcased their tires, but I didn't think you would be able to see that big a difference. It was basically like that for all of the events.

At the end of the day they had their test drivers and guest drivers go around the track in some really nice cars. They had a Ferrari 458, an Audi R8, an Aston Martin something, and a Nissan GTR.
Didier Theys and Klaus Graf were there to drive us as well. Didier was driving the Ferrari around the track, but I was not able to get into that one. Kinda pissed about that but oh well, I did get rides the the Aston, GTR and Lexus. That was a lot of fun. The Aston did seem a little heavy and it was pushing in the turns, but the GTR was a beast. I was thinking you can't go that fast in this turn or maybe we should be braking now... but it just went through the turns. I did get Didier to sign my hat though the finger smiley

My Boxster needs a new AOS though. It let out a huge white smoke cloud for about a 1/4 mile. I was quite worried that it was a goner but it was "fine" after that. I have to check the CEL but I am hoping that will be it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login