Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
USA Boxster import to Canada...
Indybox - Friday, 27 May, 2011, at 5:53:56 pm
After 11 years years of living the dream south of the border, Indybox will be heading home (Montreal) this summer. I've already had daytime running lights activated but now a couple of folks have told me that my MPH only speedo will be a problem at the border. Anyone have recent experience with this? Will I have to have the speedo replaced for a Km/H unit? Sounds expensive ...
the knob on the left side of the tach.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Re: USA Boxster import to Canada...
carlos in Montreal - Friday, 27 May, 2011, at 6:58:12 pm
Not a problem.

go to the "Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV)" web site and they tell exactly what to do and have done on your car. A simple equivalence sticker from Km to Miles is sufficient, but read all of the instructions.

[www.riv.ca]
Re: USA Boxster import to Canada...
Indybox - Friday, 27 May, 2011, at 7:16:25 pm
OK thanks. My owners manual says to use the clock knob (turn left 5 seconds to switch between mph and km/h). I was thinking the analog dial face needed to be replaced but the RIV website says something about a sticker that can be obtained from the inspection centre. Guess I won't need a new speedo after all .... whewwwww! Maybe now I can order that set of PS2's from tirerack and get the $70.00 rebate without worrying about new instruments!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login