Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The kids dragged something along the side of the car...
stl986 - Saturday, 28 May, 2011, at 3:15:22 pm
and left white scratches from the front wheel well all down the driver's side. The scratches are white in color (the car is red, if that's relevant) and I can feel them when I run my finger nail over the paint. Is it even worth me trying to do something with my orbital polisher and some kind of polish or do I need to let the professionals handle it? Can I make it worse by trying to polish it myself?
Generally, I use 3M Machine Polish with my orbital as it pretty much does anything I want it to from polishing to removing tar - and it does not leave behind anything such as oils like Imperial Hand Glaze. Give it a try.

Note my post a few below this and you will see a car that has been polished with orbitals at least twice a year for 10 years with a variety of products, mostly 3M Machine Polish. People worry too too much about damaging their paint with this stuff.
[www.delorean.com]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Bang for the buck
stl986 - Sunday, 29 May, 2011, at 8:48:25 pm
Bruce--thanks...I worked all morning and it looks much better, though not like your car! A pro could make it look like new, but, hey, it was already 7 years old when I got it. I just need it to look not horrible until my kids crash something into it again.

Laz--years ago, my baby sister tried to hide the fact that she crashed my '91 Honda Prelude into the garage by rubbing the scratches with steel wool tongue sticking out smiley
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login