Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Need a suggestion for a tire inflator
MikenOH - Sunday, 29 May, 2011, at 9:50:00 pm
My Walmart special tire inflator died after many years of use and need to replace it. I would like to get something a bit quieter than the last; can anyone recommend a brand that has a decent quality 12v inflator for under $40?

Related to this, it seems that some of these inflators require a 15 amp source for 12v; does anyone know what amperage is the 987 cigarette lighter rated at? Nothing in the manual--thanks for any help.
Here's a start (especially the "Use as a lighter" section)
Laz - Sunday, 29 May, 2011, at 9:57:52 pm
[en.wikipedia.org]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Carlos--yes it does, but
MikenOH - Monday, 30 May, 2011, at 8:25:45 am
I'd prefer to get a separate one, since I use this the other cars, lawn tractor and other stuff.
Griot's tire inflator
tom coughlin - Monday, 30 May, 2011, at 11:32:34 am
The Griots catalog has a "high speed" inflator that I'm planning to buy. The little one I bought at a car part store is way too sloooow!
HF sells 2 - the "better" one works well -
grant - Monday, 30 May, 2011, at 2:08:18 pm
- but i only use it at the track. Comes in a nice bag, decent accessories. I have nto used enough others to be able to comment on relative speed.

Grant
+1 on the HF...
Dave In MD - Monday, 30 May, 2011, at 4:12:53 pm
and I also use it at the track. It's the one by Central Pneumatic and sells for $25. I bought it after the one I had gotten from the auto parts store blew 2 fuses. Tossed it in the trash and have had this one for a few years with no problems.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Mike - you can just use it Friday!
Thanks Grant; BTW, it's looking warmer for the Mid-OH DE--upper 80's on Saturday.
Re: Need a suggestion for a tire inflator
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 30 May, 2011, at 2:41:03 pm
The cigarette lighter outlet uses a 7.5 amp fuse. I know because it blew when I tried to inflate a tire witht he supplied inflator that comes with the 987.
[www.harborfreight.com]

Go to the customer review page.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login