Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Where can I buy an IMS bearing without a restocking fee?
IFlyLow - Saturday, 4 June, 2011, at 3:42:59 am
I am going to replace the IMS bearing, but live in Germany. To avoid a long delay, I want to order both single and double row bearings and send the unused one back. Pelican parts charges 15% restocking fee, and LN engineering charges 25%. Does anyone sell these without a restocking fee? I'm not a math wiz, but 25% of $580 is, like, a lot!
The alternative
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Saturday, 4 June, 2011, at 8:52:28 am
is pull the trans and identify the needed part type before ordering. Extra work and down time, yes. But if you are trying to save $....

Another approach is to sell the unused part in country. You have paid shipping and import tax already on it and the convenience to someone else may be valuable. Get with a mechanic who does several and offer it to him.
LN waives the fee
IFlyLow - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 8:05:21 am
I received an email from Charles Navarro, from LN engineering. He states that his company waives the restocking fee for the IMS bearings, so no harm done! I will be ordering today.
Why are you ordering both?
Boxsterra - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 9:24:29 pm
The correct one for your car can be determined by the VIN #.
Re: Why are you ordering both?
IFlyLow - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 1:02:47 am
I've read in a few diffferent places that the VIN and motor serial number aren't always a reliable indicator, and I can't afford to be without my DD for weeks, since the mail is so slow over here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login