Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
CS Black 2012
Cassius the Dog - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 5:14:21 pm
Looking for some insight; I just found out that I am getting the 1 CS Black allocated to my dealer, and I am new to the world of Porsche. I have been reading countless articles on PDK vs Manual transmissions, and they all seem to be the same: go with what you like they are both great! so far I have built the car two ways, and have only a week to make changes. I am thinking the MT, Limited Slip, PASM and Sports Chrono Plus...I have also built it the same but with the PDK....If I choose to skip on the PDK will I regret it later? this is the question. This will not be a total daily driver, but will be driven much more often than a toy. I know that I am proficient with an MT or an AT in manual mode. I live in the sticks, and only hit San Francisco and Bay Area traffic twice a month. I am not looking to sell this car, but you never know how things work out. Do the LSD, and PASM make a great difference in the handling of this car? I like to drive aggressively on the windy Nor Cal roads and we have lots of them.....Some folks have said the PASM will be annoying due to the poor quality roads in California...what's the truth of the matter?
Re: CS Black 2012
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 12:35:19 pm
If it were a daily driver subjected to Bay Area stop & go, I would consider the PDK. Otherwise, if it is intended as a "toy-like" fun car, manual would be the only choice for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login