Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
New 2011 Boxster
FRED(DUNWOODY, GA) - Thursday, 9 June, 2011, at 7:29:51 pm
Hello everyone. After 3 years of being without a Porsche (daily driver), still have a 944 track car, I have taken
delivery of a new 2011 Boxster (dark blue metallic with PDK).

Have always followed the board and am very happy that now I may have something to contribute.

A special hello to Pedro. Its nice to be back and I have already made my reservations for next years
BRBS.
Hi Fred...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 9 June, 2011, at 9:04:55 pm
... I saw that you and your lovely Sheila already signed up for next year's BRBS.
We've missed you these last 3 years.
Congrats on your new baby.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: New 2011 Boxster
db997S - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 8:31:36 am
I think you'll like the PDK, especially if you are in the Atlanta area with all that traffic. Critics and others have had taken issue with the shift buttons on the wheel (vs paddles), but I rather like them since I always don't do the shuffle for steering. On the track, auto mode is amazing so you don't even have to think about shifting. Simply mash the gas peddle and go. Lift when needed, then mash again. Repeat as necessary.
Re: New 2011 Boxster
boxsterd - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 12:35:46 pm
I believe you can get the sport steering wheel option and get the paddle shifters.
The Audi's just did not seem right - even if they are part of the family now.
Agreed! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 9:26:35 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
John;
If you think the Audi wasn't right how about the Infiniti G37S and the Ford Mustang that followed.
As they say there is no substitute. Is anybody planning a fun run in the near future?
With regards to the PDK it is great not to have to use a clutch anymore, especially in Atlanta traffic.
I'll report back on my impressions after a month or so.

Fred
Thanx everyone for the good wishes.
As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will get out the
digital camera and have at it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login